Link: Georgia Paid Ludacris $65,000 to Perform at G-Day

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Link

Ludacris saved the day for Georgia when it came to providing a pre-game concert for the fans.

It didn't come cheap, either.

The University of Georgia Athletic Association paid Ludacris and his crew $65,000 for the 15-minute performance he put on before the G-Day spring game kicked off, according to a contract obtained via the Open Records Act. Georgia also provided local ground transportation for the show.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
That's just plain nuts for a 15min performance..
It is and it isn't. I mean some performers get paid insane amounts for performances. I think you know I'm big on A-Day attendance and what not. If you told me that if fans put up say, 50K they could get the stadium to capacity... well I'd have to give that some thought. It does show the sorts of things other schools have to do to match our level of enthusiasm though.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I think having a big name star giving a free concert might motivate some of the fence sitters to come. Ludacris wouldn't make me walk next door to see him, but that's just me.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
I think this makes me glad I have no idea what a "Ludacris" is. Other than a waste of $65k.

And they want to claim the "record", for spring game attendance. Pathetic. Maybe next year they will resort to paying 65k Jawju fans $1 each to show up.

REBELZED

All-American
Dec 6, 2006
I think this is the more concerning part of the article:

In Ludacris' dressing room for the event, Georgia provided a multitude of items ranging from assorted snacks, six Hanes t-shirts, vodka, cognac, wine, tequila and batteries.

The athletic association also agreed to stock a box of Trojan Magnum condoms in the room, too.
I know this kind of stuff is to be expected at Ludacris shows, but it seems a little counterintuitive to have a public university paying for this kind of stuff for 15 minutes of pregame entertainment :confused:

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Ehh ... doesn't bother me honestly. At the end of the day, there are not many recruits thats going to choose a college because they had Luda perform during their spring game. Just moreso entertainment for the folks that attended G-day pretty much.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.