Link: Georgia Paid Ludacris $65,000 to Perform at G-Day

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
Just google the lyrics to Move B*tch. Surprising that a college or pro football gathering would have someone with songs like that entertain in today's political environment. But who am I to say? He was at the White House with Rick Ross and Barack Obama too.

Last edited:

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Just google the lyrics to Move B*tch. Surprising that a college or pro football gathering would have someone with songs like that entertain in today's political environment. But who am I to say? He was at the White House with Rick Ross and Barack Obama too.
Have you heard the music we play at the Bama home games.... :)

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
You could say it was a G spot [emoji105][emoji105][emoji105][emoji105][emoji104][emoji104][emoji104][emoji104][emoji104][emoji104][emoji104][emoji104]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Have you heard the music we play at the Bama home games.... :)
LOL I agree and I'm sure at least one of his songs has been across the PA system as well.
I just look at it like it is what it is ... its not like UGA is trying to have spring practice in Michigan or anything :rolleyes: :cool2:

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Wanna be's. How else can you explain this? I can get over the $65k; but what they supplied in the dressing room for a 15 min performance is shameful IMO.
no kidding. I wonder if they provided female or male companionship too. (don't know which way ole ludacris swings he may be on the downlow.)

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I think this spring game attendance stuff is being blown way out of proportion. This isn't like "Midnight Madness", that kicks off the regular season Basketball practice sessions. This is the end of a series of football practice sessions, four month's before the real practice begins. Plus, the way we don't stop the clock and the QB's can't be touched, and you can't rush the kicker, or return kicks, and blah blah blah, I mean, seriously??? I'm sorry, I'm not spending $500-$1,000.00 to attend a game like that for a weekend. If I still lived in T-Town, which I love, I'd be there in a heartbeat.
I spend a ton of money attending games during the regular season, but this isn't the regular season.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I'm sorry, I'm not spending $500-$1,000.00 to attend a game like that for a weekend. If I still lived in T-Town, which I love, I'd be there in a heartbeat.
I spend a ton of money attending games during the regular season, but this isn't the regular season.
Well, you live in Ocean Springs right? It's a bit further than where I live (but it's not a long drive for us to go to Ocean Springs), but my wife and I go to A-Day and even with renting a car we'd pretty much have to try to spend over a hundred bucks. Admission is free, parking is free, I mean unless someone thinks they have to eat like ten hotdogs or something it's not going to be expensive. Unless I dunno may be you drive a truck that gets like 10 miles per gallon or something, heh. I've never understood people that were within one day's distance that claimed it was expensive to go to A-Day, just not sure what in the heck they are spending money on.

Having said that, my arguments have always centered around people in the area. There are plenty of people in the Birmingham area, where going to A-Day is a pretty modest trip. As I've said before, there should be way more youth groups to. I mean I've seen church and school groups go to all kinds of places, why is free admission to Bryant-Denny not a consideration? All my time going to these games I've noticed one group, one. The whole point is it is really affordable, and you can get pizza or something before or after the game to avoid overpaying inside. That's my main issue when I talk about attendance, not that some guy doesn't drive 5 hours (I understand people further away have to pick which games they can attend), but why people in the area don't do a better job of going and getting kids into the stadium. I mean think about it, you can get a busload in for free, that is going to be thousands of dollars any other time.

I'd also add that there is an immense difference in how one would view this sort of thing as a spectator or as a supporter. If you talk sheer entertainment value, and perhaps overlook the impression that the spectacle could have on a group of kids for instance, I completely get giving it lesser importance. Much in the same way that FCS games are given lesser importance. But, from the perspective of support for the team, support does not just matter for big games. There was a major Alabama basketball commit who reportedly walked out on a game and de-committed, why? Partly because he felt like the basketball team wasn't cheered loudly enough. That might seem trivial to you and I, but there are going to be people forming an impression of Alabama football from the level of support at A-Day or at times that might not seem to matter.

So, if we don't view games as mere entertainment and view them as a means of supporting the team, I think they hold a different level of importance. I personally value the chance to cheer the walk-ons, to cheer on the third stringers and it saddens me to see people walk out on those guys. They have their big moment and it's punctuated by fans heading for their car. My interest doesn't lie only in cheering for NFL bound starters, but also for the guy who busts his butt for years only to never play in games that matter to some people. I valued being at A-Day for instance and seeing Blake Sims throw as a true freshman, to cheer him on and watch him develop (I also enjoyed seeing him at this past A-Day). I felt it gave me insight into what type of guy he really was, and had he never started a game, I would have been glad I'd been there to cheer for and support a guy who spent five years doing his part for the team.

There are some guys that I only ever got the chance to cheer for at A-Day, and I think it is easy to forget how much that might end up meaning to them. For instance: http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2016/04/alabama_football_player_fighti.html#incart_gallery
That's what A-Day is about to me:
"For Ryan Parris of Madison, Ala., limited participation in Alabama's 2016 spring game might have been the beginning and the end of his college football career.
If that was it, and the parasitic amoeba fighting to take over his left eye forces him to give up on his dream, then at least he had the opportunity to run down the field inside Bryant-Denny Stadium in front of nearly 80,000 fans."
I'm not trying to make you an example because I understand your point (I don't question your support for the team), but I'm just trying to drive mine home.

Last edited:

TNBama

1st Team
Apr 19, 2000
Knoxville, TN. USA
So basically, Georgia had to bribe their fans with filth in order to set the SEC attendance record. Coming to see the team wasn't enough. Pitiful.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Why do so many believe UGA fans weren't showing up for G-Day until Ludacris was announced?

rolltideface

All-SEC
Jun 30, 2001
hoover, alabama
Yeah- the fans were going to turn out regardless I believe. Who cares? As someone mentioned on here- the other demands (cases of drinks, liquor,wine, deodorant, soap, $/food, condoms, etc) Is this how Ludacris does his shopping? Just sends them a copy of his grocery list? Brilliant

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Why do so many believe UGA fans weren't showing up for G-Day until Ludacris was announced?

Yup..Georgia has been that proverbial "Sleeping Giant" of college football waiting for the right HC to wake up their football program & judging by the huge turnout they had..Kirby may be the HC that gets 'er done..

I agree 100% that huge turnout wasn't due to Ludacris being there in a 15min concert..Ludacris was a added bonus for the fans(if you like their music that is)..

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Yeah- the fans were going to turn out regardless I believe. Who cares? As someone mentioned on here- the other demands (cases of drinks, liquor,wine, deodorant, soap, $/food, condoms, etc) Is this how Ludacris does his shopping? Just sends them a copy of his grocery list? Brilliant
The funny part is dinner for ten people, a dozen towels, a dozen condoms, one toothbrush, one bar of soap...:rolleyes:

Surprised that he didn't list a case of silk toilet paper.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Yup..Georgia has been that proverbial "Sleeping Giant" of college football waiting for the right HC to wake up their football program & judging by the huge turnout they had..Kirby may be the HC that gets 'er done..

I agree 100% that huge turnout wasn't due to Ludacris being there in a 15min concert..Ludacris was a added bonus for the fans(if you like their music that is)..
thing is, with the exception of rolling over and snorting a couple of times, they've been asleep since the early 80's

i think there is a lot of excitement among some of the fanbase to be rid of the mediocrity of the richt era.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
The funny part is dinner for ten people, a dozen towels, a dozen condoms, one toothbrush, one bar of soap...:rolleyes:

Surprised that he didn't list a case of silk toilet paper.
the good thing for uga, they can get work-study students to just collect all of that stuff from the trash left strewn about on campus after the game

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
It takes more than a bunch of people showing up to watch the team practice to become a giant.

I'm in wait-and-see mode regarding CKS. I think he'll be good, but every first-time SEC head coach in memory has experienced growing pains...

ETA: I literally couldn't care less who UGA brings in to perform for them.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.