B1G close to signing short deal with FOX.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Signing only a six-year deal, “probably means [the Big Ten] didn't get the money they wanted,” one source said.

One industry insider told CBS Sports that Big Ten commissioner Jim Delany sought a long-term deal through 2032. There may not have been the money in the market for such a deal, or Delany may have strategically tried to line up the next deal close to when NFL deals expire with CBS, Fox and NBC after the 2022 season when, theoretically, more money could be available in the market.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...ported-short-new-tv-deal-with-fox-makes-sense

I am glad to see Fox fighting the ABC/ESPN stranglehold. Fox will now have the majorityl or part of the Big 12, Pac 12 and Big 10.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I take this as the bubble bursting on the television money. They aren't willing to commit for that kind of time span. The conference would love to be locked up until 2032 because a "right-sizing" on this money is going to happen as cable subscriptions continue to decline.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
I take this as the bubble bursting on the television money. They aren't willing to commit for that kind of time span. The conference would love to be locked up until 2032 because a "right-sizing" on this money is going to happen as cable subscriptions continue to decline.
No problem. The stations will just go to 45 minutes of commercials for every 15 minutes of game time.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.