Your Pre-Season Top Five Prediction

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Good thread Sip.

This is the my prediction for the preseason AP/coaches top 5:

1. Alabama - Will get the benefit of the doubt considering we've won the NC half the time over the past 8 years.
2. Clemson - Hands down the best QB in the country and an explosive offense.
3. LSU - Fournette + the new DC from Wisconsin should propel LSU this year.
4. Oklahoma - Baker Mayfield is probably the 2nd best QB in the country.
5. FSU - Dalvin Cook and a loaded FSU roster will have them in the hunt. Need better QB play.

Next 5 in no particular order - Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan St, Stanford, Baylor.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I suspect Oklahoma will be the preseason favorite. Media is talking a lot more about him than the Clemson QB.
They have? Haven't seen much talk about OU from the national guys.

My pre-season top 5, in no particular order:

Clemson, Alabama, Stanford, Michigan State, LSU
Michigan State returns 10 starters. One key loss - Conner Cook. Also, they lose their starting LT, WR, and C. Will be difficult for them next season with replacing those key components.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Good thread Sip.

This is the my prediction for the preseason AP/coaches top 5:

1. Alabama - Will get the benefit of the doubt considering we've won the NC half the time over the past 8 years.
2. Clemson - Hands down the best QB in the country and an explosive offense.
3. LSU - Fournette + the new DC from Wisconsin should propel LSU this year.
4. Oklahoma - Baker Mayfield is probably the 2nd best QB in the country.
5. FSU - Dalvin Cook and a loaded FSU roster will have them in the hunt. Need better QB play.

Next 5 in no particular order - Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan St, Stanford, Baylor.
Did Dalvin Cook not go pro? If he didn't then I think FSU can challenge Clemson in the ACC.

1. Clemson
2. Oklahoma
3. LSU
4. Alabama
5. Florida State

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Well that will be your Heisman race then. Cook vs. Watson.

Of course, the kid at Stanford is likely to get a lot of publicity since so many thought he deserved it last year.
Yep. I think it'll probably start off as a 4 player race between Cook, Watson, McCaffrey and Fournette..

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN
I'm pretty certain I'm an outlier here, but that's okay. I've been reading article after article about how LSU has the best chance to win the conference and how much they need to win it, so I'm guessing they'll affect Alabama's votes in pre-season.

1. LSU
2. Clemson
3. Oklahoma
4. Alabama
5. Michigan

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Clemson
Alabama
Ohio State
Michigan
LSU

Top 5 scrambles pretty fast. Alabama VS LSU and TOSU VS Michigan...
Still these are the best of the best.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
Yep, many of the top 5-7 will play one another in the regular season anyway. Most of it will sort itself out. I'm interested in who will challenge Oklahoma in the Big 12.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
1. Clemson
2. Oklahoma
3. LSU
4. Bama
5. Ohio State

Ohio State plays Oklahoma very early in Norman in the first meeting of the two giants in 33 years. Could end up being one of the best games of the year.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Yep, many of the top 5-7 will play one another in the regular season anyway. Most of it will sort itself out. I'm interested in who will challenge Oklahoma in the Big 12.
Best guess would be Baylor. Maybe a surprise team also like Texas..

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
1. Clemson
2. Oklahoma
3. LSU
4. Bama
5. Ohio State

Ohio State plays Oklahoma very early in Norman in the first meeting of the two giants in 33 years. Could end up being one of the best games of the year.
I like it. A lot of the top teams play each other in season this year so we shouldn't have to hear the proverbial "team x hasn't played anybody" when the playoff rankings start coming out..

mdb-tpet

All-SEC
Sep 2, 2004
Wow look who's at the bottom (Ohio State). Only 6 starters returning next year. That's insane.
You want your best players on the field, but that smacks of questionable player succession planning somehow. Did the backups get a lot of playing time last year?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
You want your best players on the field, but that smacks of questionable player succession planning somehow. Did the backups get a lot of playing time last year?
Not really - we struggled too much offensively, so didn't have huge leads. But when you are in the hunt for a championship, you just play. You let next season take care of itself.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I think whichever teams loses the Ohio State vs Oklahoma game will most likely be out of playoff contention. I don't think either team will run the rest of their schedule without a loss..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.