Your Pre-Season Top Five Prediction

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
How it will be:

1. Clemson # So much returning talent, no one will be able to bring themselves to put Bama at the top.
2. Alabama # Won the NC and it's accepted that CNS can make any team into a contender -- never count him out.
3. Ohio State # Everyone still thinks Michigan State had a fluke win against them.
4. Oklahoma # Gotta have someone from the Big 12. May as well be them until Baylor/TCU starts beating inferior opponents by 40+
5. Michigan State/Notre Dame # The only PAC12 team that could be there might be USC or Oregon. USC starts with Bama (everyone fairly or not expects them to lose) and Oregon is not a sexy pick going into this season.

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
How it will be:

1. Clemson # So much returning talent, no one will be able to bring themselves to put Bama at the top.
2. Alabama # Won the NC and it's accepted that CNS can make any team into a contender -- never count him out.
3. Ohio State # Everyone still thinks Michigan State had a fluke win against them.
4. Oklahoma # Gotta have someone from the Big 12. May as well be them until Baylor/TCU starts beating inferior opponents by 40+
5. Michigan State/Notre Dame # The only PAC12 team that could be there might be USC or Oregon. USC starts with Bama (everyone fairly or not expects them to lose) and Oregon is not a sexy pick going into this season.
Did you not read this thread?

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Sporting News Top 25 - anyone notice the one team noticeably absent :biggrin:

1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. Oklahoma
4. Ohio State
5. Baylor
6. Florida State
7. Ole Miss
8. Michigan
9. Stanford
10. Notre Dame
11. Michigan State
12. LSU
13. Tennessee
14. Houston
15. USCw
16. Oklahoma State
17. Iowa
18. North Carolina
19. Oregon
20. Georgia
21. Washington
22. Louisville
23. Arkansas
24. Texas
25. TCU

Here's the link. It's a slideshow so I typed out the teams if you don't want to click through. However, they have some good notes about each team..

http://www.sportingnews.com/list/47...ahoma-ohio-state-baylor-fsu-ole-miss-michigan

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Sporting News Top 25 - anyone notice the one team noticeably absent :biggrin:

1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. Oklahoma
4. Ohio State
5. Baylor
6. Florida State
7. Ole Miss
8. Michigan
9. Stanford
10. Notre Dame
11. Michigan State
12. LSU
13. Tennessee
14. Houston
15. USCw
16. Oklahoma State
17. Iowa
18. North Carolina
19. Oregon
20. Georgia
21. Washington
22. Louisville
23. Arkansas
24. Texas
25. TCU

Here's the link. It's a slideshow so I typed out the teams if you don't want to click through. However, they have some good notes about each team..

http://www.sportingnews.com/list/47...ahoma-ohio-state-baylor-fsu-ole-miss-michigan
Yeah, Florida also.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Look at all the talent Clemson lost. The hype train is going to be all because of Watson and the offense, but most will be basing it off his performance against Alabama. The same performance many have said is not one he'll duplicate.

clemson.247sports.com/Bolt/Clemson-second-in-the-nation-2016-NFL-Draft-Picks--45116925

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012
1. Alabama
2. Oklahoma
3. Clemson
4. Ohio State
5. Michigan

Remember what happened the last time Michigan was #5 going into season?

danb

All-SEC
Dec 4, 2011
Hazel Green, AL
I agree with most post of the top preseason 5....and I've really been wanting an Alabama, Oklahoma NC game for all the marbles.... OU is kinda like Notre Dame to Bama, as they seem to be like a ".... that won't flush"...I'm still reeling from the 03 loss at Bryant Denny, not to mention the Sugar Bowl loss recently...we finally got ND to go down the drain, now we need to silence the sooner crowd............but I'll take any game as long as we're in it!!! RTR!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
1. Alabama
2. Oklahoma
3. Clemson
4. Ohio State
5. Michigan

Remember what happened the last time Michigan was #5 going into season?
Yes...but I also have a little trouble putting us up there. We will have a new QB, new RB, new C, RG and RT -- just on O. Then look at our D -- lots of talent but our D-Line will not be as strong in the middle...also a new ILB.

I think we will be really good by week 5-6; we may struggle before that...don't know if I can take another loss to Ole Miss. Whether we can win the West depends on LSU...I think they will be #1 early on...until LM finds a way to mess it up. UT will win the East...but UF will give them a run for their money (pun intended.) UM will not sneak up on anyone and OSU will be hungry -- they win the BIG10+2. CU is losing so much that even DW cannot carry them...FSU will be back on top in the ACC...I don't have a clue about the PAC 12...UO should have plenty of players.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.