Former wrestler Chyna has died

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Yet there seems to be a higher death toll from wrestlers. I'd assume it's from far greater steroid abuse - everyone of those guys is juiced up beyond belief.
I think that is a very fair assumption.

Rumors are starting to say prescription drug overdose I wouldn't be shocked to learn that she was addicted to opioid pain pills as many ex athletes are

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Yet there seems to be a higher death toll from wrestlers. I'd assume it's from far greater steroid abuse - everyone of those guys is juiced up beyond belief.
That and they are year around performers as well. I mean really when was the last week of the year that didn't have Monday night raw

AV8N

1st Team
Sep 18, 2013
My first thought was that she'd had enough of the Kardashians already and wanted out.
And then I realized that was "Blac Chyna".
And that I already know too much about the Kardashians.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
Am I the only one that thinks it's weird that people call them "former wrestlers", since they don't actually do any real wrestling? Shouldn't they be called "former actors" or "former entertainers"?

I mean, we don't refer to Sylvester Stallone and Carl Weathers as "former boxers" or to Arnold Schwarzenegger as a "former robot", do we?

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
Am I the only one that thinks it's weird that people call them "former wrestlers", since they don't actually do any real wrestling? Shouldn't they be called "former actors" or "former entertainers"?

I mean, we don't refer to Sylvester Stallone and Carl Weathers as "former boxers" or to Arnold Schwarzenegger as a "former robot", do we?
There's a joke in there somewhere about a couple of our former Presidents...

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
When you are talking about a "sport" that no oversight, no rules or governing body; it is not surprising that happens. And since there is no competitive advantage gained from using PEDs (as it is not a real competition), they aren't going to stop someone from doing them. It is all a show, so if you look bigger and badder, all the better.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
When you are talking about a "sport" that no oversight, no rules or governing body; it is not surprising that happens. And since there is no competitive advantage gained from using PEDs (as it is not a real competition), they aren't going to stop someone from doing them. It is all a show, so if you look bigger and badder, all the better.
Vince has been stricter since he got slammed with the court case in the 90s, but it really wasn't til the Eddie Guerrero death that he started to really enforce it. Most of the wrestlers that are dieing lately are the ones from the 80s.The big exception was Chris Beniot. Chyna and Benoit were from the time that Vince was in the "don't get caught with something really bad" period of WWF. I think there may be more to what got her than steroid abuse because she became a bad drug addict after she was fired for things with Vince's daughter and his son in law.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
You take roids to have the body to make the money, take the spills and injuries and work - as Ric Flair noted in his book - 365 days a year (and in his case wrestling NINE matches in SEVEN days - two each on Saturday and Sunday), and so you start taking pills to alleviate the pain and then you build up a tolerance so you go with more.......

By the time Chyna came along, wrassling was mostly just in my memory. I've never seen the Rock or John Cena either one wrestle nor Chyna for that matter.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.