Report: Prince Dead at 57

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
I spent 40 years in the arcade industry, which of course included jukeboxes. I remember putting plenty of Prince records and CD's on the boxes, but can't remember ever listening to a single Prince song - ever. Honestly, I don't regret it, nor will I, even if I never listen to one. No offense to him or those who like his music. It's just not my cup of tea.

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
I spent 40 years in the arcade industry, which of course included jukeboxes. I remember putting plenty of Prince records and CD's on the boxes, but can't remember ever listening to a single Prince song - ever. Honestly, I don't regret it, nor will I, even if I never listen to one. No offense to him or those who like his music. It's just not my cup of tea.
Earl Grey isn't my cup of tea. I've never tried it, but it's not my cup of tea. I don't care how much Captain Picard likes it.

AV8N

1st Team
Sep 18, 2013
He was also a prolific songwriter. So even if you never heard one of his recordings, there's a decent chance you heard some songs he wrote or was otherwise involved in.

When I was younger I thought he was weird. As I got older, I realized that he was indeed weird but was also a talented musician and performer.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
He was also a prolific songwriter. So even if you never heard one of his recordings, there's a decent chance you heard some songs he wrote or was otherwise involved in.

When I was younger I thought he was weird. As I got older, I realized that he was indeed weird but was also a talented musician and performer.
Like Jackson, he turned being weird into a shtick and a distinct asset. Many would consider Elvis weird. I think his southern accent covered it for a lot of southerners...

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
Elvis gave away Cadillacs to total strangers and shot a TV out when Bob Goulet was on.

What's weird about that?

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Elvis gave away Cadillacs to total strangers and shot a TV out when Bob Goulet was on.

What's weird about that?
I don't think that is weird at all. I think the flamboyant suits, and some of that stuff was a little weird. Not the Prince level of weird or certainly not in the same Universe of weird that Jackson resided.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.