I hate this time of year

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
We have returned to that time of year when the only football is re-runs.
Spring Practice is over. We have fussed about whatever we wanted to fuss about.
We have gushed about whatever we wanted to gush about...

All that's left is the yearly discussion on changing helmets, or uniforms... ;)

DID I MENTION I HATE THIS TIME OF YEAR...

This is the time of year I don't get on the forum very much.
All that's left is Camping, Cooking, Traveling, and kicking back to do nothing.
Retirement sure is tough...

Everyone have a safe Summer.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
As far as sports go it's not to bad. I don't watch much of NBA regular season but I watch during the playoffs. We also have the NFL draft next week so it'll be exciting to see how many players from Alabama get picked and which teams they go to. I start planning for fantasy football over the summer and we normally have your draft in early to mid August. It is kind of a slow time for sports but there's enough filler to keep me somewhat entertained until football gets started back in full swing..

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
We have returned to that time of year when the only football is re-runs.
Spring Practice is over. We have fussed about whatever we wanted to fuss about.
We have gushed about whatever we wanted to gush about...

All that's left is the yearly discussion on changing helmets, or uniforms... ;)

DID I MENTION I HATE THIS TIME OF YEAR...

This is the time of year I don't get on the forum very much.
All that's left is Camping, Cooking, Traveling, and kicking back to do nothing.
Retirement sure is tough...

Everyone have a safe Summer.
Camping, cooking and traveling...you got it good Dan! Enjoy it.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Come on guys - since when has summer been a bad thing? You need to live through a few winters to gain some perspective.

skipster63

All-SEC
Nov 5, 2010
Buchanan Dam
My wife so looks forward to this time of year. No football. No OCD on all things Bama. No traveling to games. It must be nice to be an Aggie!

skipster63

All-SEC
Nov 5, 2010
Buchanan Dam
Come on guys - since when has summer been a bad thing? You need to live through a few winters to gain some perspective.
My mother reminds me of the time when I was 12 years old and mentioned to her that I didn't want to live up north in a place like Nashville. Although my perspective has changed some over the last forty years, it hasn't changed significantly in that regard.

Isaiah 63:1

All-American
Dec 8, 2005
Probably at 35k or in an airport somewhere
Green Day even wrote a song about this:

A-Day has come and passed
Spring football seasons never last
Wake me up when September’s here

Like Jake Coker’s turn to pass
Fifteen days has gone so fast

Here comes baseball again
Boring me to tears
Drenched in my sweat again
Drinking lukewarm beers

As our football team rests
I can’t get into MLS

Last edited:

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I think this time is better than Jan. - March while we wait for spring practice. Spring practice really doesn't deliver so it's not that great of a fix. However, now we've basically got three better months than winter in May, June and July to enjoy the weather and outdoor activities with the thoughts that August is basically football time again!

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
Summer is when I DO sports (what little my aging body allows) instead of watching others play. I used to be able to play a little, but the time is long gone for my previous backyard football, ultimate etc. fun. Sure I like to watch sports, and I miss watching the Tide, but golf, hiking, swimming, some occasional fishing etc does the trick for me. Keeping busy on Satudays, I don't miss it that much.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
College baseball and softball still going on....when that's over things will be a little quiet but fall is just around the corner.

For us Trump supporters.....this summer will be very exciting! For anyone else.....perhaps not so much. :wink:

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
After the NFL draft is over, the Athlon and Lindy's magazines usually come out the last of May. I enjoy those but have to wait a little longer for Phil Steele.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
I would totally agree except I have my other team to cheer on -- Manchester City of the English Premier League (soccer to ya'll). City are in the semi-finals of the European Champions League and play Real Madrid on 4/26/16 with the second leg in Spain on 5/5/16. If anyone interested, will be on Fox Sports 1 starting around 3 p.m. EST each game. Don't how it will go, but this is the furthest City has ventured in this competition. Also, still in a fight in the EPL for places in Europe competitions next season. Following soccer with the Euros this July (competing nations) will mean my summer will not be boring and that College Football is right around the corner.

rolltideface

All-SEC
Jun 30, 2001
hoover, alabama
Being the champs helps me through the offseason. I say that as I am currently watching the Clemson game again. The DVD I bought at hibbets has definitely paid for itself...

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.