Lane Kiffin Went Recruiting Today and Wants Us All to Know His Location

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
He has way too much free time on his hands since the divorce.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Let me try again: Given that CLK is lucky to have a job due to bouts of loutish behavior, and Alabama assistants are seen and not heard, do you think Nick Saban is slapping his knee right now?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Let me try again: Given that CLK is lucky to have a job due to bouts of loutish behavior, and Alabama assistants are seen and not heard, do you think Nick Saban is slapping his knee right now?
I agree - TN is going to be pretty good this year. Kiffin is pouring gasoline on a fire. I doubt that it will change anything, but Saban probably won't be amused.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Maybe it is my age, but I really don't find this amusing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
CLK is lucky to have a job
Not really. He's good at his job.

Some people wanted to ignore his credentials when he arrived and criticized the hire. I wasn't one of those, nor was I ever one of the people that thought his job was to make people like him. The only people he needs to impact are recruits and players and apparently he does a good job at both of those things. Can he both be a jerk and immature at times? Yeah... is Alabama lucky to have him? It seems like it...

Last edited:

TUSKtimes

1st Team
Sep 18, 2008
Right here, Right now

Some people wanted to ignore his credentials when he arrived and criticized the hire. I wasn't one of those, nor was I ever one of the people that thought his job was to make people like him. The only people he needs to impact are recruits and players and apparently he does a good job at both of those things.
Most of Kiffin's antics on the sidelines appears to be spontaneous and natural for him. I assume that's why those premature touchdown signals and fist pumps seem to be well tolerated by the boss. I still wonder if the 2014 team got caught up in that stuff too much. The pregame ballyhoo in Athens this year seemed to suggested to me that Bama's body language was going back to former script. I think with Kiffin this is just who you get as a person. I would think the players enjoy being around him because he gets the fun part of it. But I'm more than confident with Saban, it will be in moderation on gameday.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

Some people wanted to ignore his credentials when he arrived and criticized the hire. I wasn't one of those, nor was I ever one of the people that thought his job was to make people like him. The only people he needs to impact are recruits and players and apparently he does a good job at both of those things. Can he both be a jerk and immature at times? Yeah... is Alabama lucky to have him? It seems like it...

His tenuous job status had very little to do with the sidelines, which he is very good at. But he continues to contribute to -- how does the head coach put it? -- the 'clutter' and the 'noise.'

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I don't know how I feel about this one. I like a good jab at Tennessee and Auburn as much as the next guy but you've gotta wonder if this stuff would be what Saban would want from him.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I just don't understand why some people have issues with what Kiffin is doing. he's not tagging anyone directly, nor is he saying words. All he does is post pictures and let it speak for itself. That's just me..

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Imagine if you're the SID staff person who has to tell CNS about this lol. JMO, I don't think CNS would really care. I find it pretty harmless. I don't think AU or Tennessee will play harder against us this year because of what somebody tweeted..

Last edited:

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
Imagine if you're the SID staff person who has to tell CNS about this lol. JMO, I don't think CNS would really care. I find it pretty harmless. I don't think AU or Tennessee will play harder against us his year because of what somebody tweeted..
Totally agree and I've got to believe that if CNS was bothered by this, it would have ended after the first tweet!

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Totally agree and I've got to believe that if CNS was bothered by this, it would have ended after the first tweet!
Y'all raise an excellent point. The first tweet, though, tells folks he's in Tennessee, but doesn't rub it in. The second is pure trolling, as if Kiffin is playing catch-up with Harbaugh. Except he was Harbaugh before Harbaugh.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.