Middle school choir stopped from singing national anthem at 911 memorial

G-VilleTider

Suspended
Aug 17, 2006
at least the one that told them it was ok to sing.

still, the adults in the group should have familiarized themselves with the rules prior to their visit.
Really? I have been a chaperon for several school functions and not once did I ever have our destination mail me their rules so that I could go over them with my lawyer just to make sure I could wear boxers instead of briefs. Sorry, but that sounds pretty ridiculous to me.

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
Really? I have been a chaperon for several school functions and not once did I ever have our destination mail me their rules so that I could go over them with my lawyer just to make sure I could wear boxers instead of briefs. Sorry, but that sounds pretty ridiculous to me.
Concur. Boxers are ridiculous.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
Yeah imagine if a few of the kids thought it a good idea to impromptu sing the National Anthem while there. Teacher asks permission from security guard and is granted permission.

Liberal heads explode.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
ok, i will amend my comment. the leader of the group should have familiarized themselves with the rules prior to the event.

at the very least, once they found out that groups are not supposed to sing without a permit and that is why they were stopped, they shouldn't go out whining about it.

G-VilleTider

Suspended
Aug 17, 2006
ok, i will amend my comment. the leader of the group should have familiarized themselves with the rules prior to the event.

at the very least, once they found out that groups are not supposed to sing without a permit and that is why they were stopped, they shouldn't go out whining about it.
VJ's post above is a great example.

Concerning the rule you posted earlier: The judge (not even gonna attempt his name) on fox said they didn't need a permit that free speech or something covered them. I'm not a lawyer, so no idea if he is right or not. Just a FYI on why some are saying the rule didn't apply. *shrug*

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
VJ's post above is a great example.

Concerning the rule you posted earlier: The judge (not even gonna attempt his name) on fox said they didn't need a permit that free speech or something covered them. I'm not a lawyer, so no idea if he is right or not. Just a FYI on why some are saying the rule didn't apply. *shrug*
ianal, but i'm betting he is not correct. facilities like this are able to set rules for visitation.

(note: apple has copyrighted the above initialism in a cynical attempt to appear inclusive and non-judgmental )

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.