Tulane: New HC and new outlook

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
In 1925, Alabama went 10-0 and beat Washington in the Rose Bowl. It was considered the game that changed everything in the South. The Crimson Tide were the first southern team to play in Pasadena, as it was considered an inferior brand compared to that of the east or midwest. In fact, they only got an invitation after Dartmouth said no. But it might not have stopped there -- any of countless other teams, from Colgate to Michigan, may have also said no depending on the source. And according to my friend CJ Schexnayder, Tulane may have also declined. The Green Wave, also unbeaten, were led by eventual college football hall-of-famer Clark Shaugnessy, who ushered in the T formation, went 17-1-1 at Tulane in 1924-25, and eventually brought to Stanford a 10-0 finish, No. 2 ranking, and Rose Bowl title in 1940.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo.../tulane-football-2016-preview-schedule-roster

I thought it interesting to find 1925 Alabama leading off the Green Wave 2016 preview. Personally I would like to see Tulane become relevant again and give LSU something to think about.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
In 1925, Alabama went 10-0 and beat Washington in the Rose Bowl. It was considered the game that changed everything in the South. The Crimson Tide were the first southern team to play in Pasadena, as it was considered an inferior brand compared to that of the east or midwest. In fact, they only got an invitation after Dartmouth said no. But it might not have stopped there -- any of countless other teams, from Colgate to Michigan, may have also said no depending on the source. And according to my friend CJ Schexnayder, Tulane may have also declined. The Green Wave, also unbeaten, were led by eventual college football hall-of-famer Clark Shaugnessy, who ushered in the T formation, went 17-1-1 at Tulane in 1924-25, and eventually brought to Stanford a 10-0 finish, No. 2 ranking, and Rose Bowl title in 1940.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo.../tulane-football-2016-preview-schedule-roster

I thought it interesting to find 1925 Alabama leading off the Green Wave 2016 preview. Personally I would like to see Tulane become relevant again and give LSU something to think about.
Me too. Grad school at Tulane School of Public Health in mid-80`s.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.