Link: Skip Bayless Leaving ESPN

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
From @blakeells on Twitter- "I hope Fox Sports realizes people watch these personalities because they're on ESPN not because they're the most interesting."

I don't even do this, haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
He was there at the end to make the other guy look good.........but he got far out there. I prefer people that have positions to actually realize they are subjective opinions, not facts. Respect others opinions, if they do so in a respectful manner, and realize that we all have opinions, and it's not personal. There is no reason to get get in a wad if someone does not share your subjective opinion. Skip did not have that quality.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Rumoured becoming a Hillary Clinton impersonator...zeitgeist guy that he is and shrillness in the same small package.

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
Praise whatever god you believe in. He can go to fox sports for all i care, but since I don't watch fox sports at all, he joins Colin cowherd in the "out of sight,mount of mind" category. Just wish screamin a smith would leave too.

Most laughable part of this story was that ESPN was prepare to offer that jerk $4 mill a year. Really, that guy is worth $4 mill per year to ESPN? No wonder they are a terrible company.

I will say this, of all of these "personalities" to leave ESPN or rumored to be leaving (Andrews, cowherd, Rome, Kenny, Flores, Patrick, olbermann, Simmons) the one I think I miss the most is mike tirico who is rumored to be head to to nbc sports.

TNElephantitis

1st Team
Nov 30, 2015
Memphis, TN
Praise whatever god you believe in. He can go to fox sports for all i care, but since I don't watch fox sports at all, he joins Colin cowherd in the "out of sight,mount of mind" category. Just wish screamin a smith would leave too.

Most laughable part of this story was that ESPN was prepare to offer that jerk $4 mill a year. Really, that guy is worth $4 mill per year to ESPN? No wonder they are a terrible company.

I will say this, of all of these "personalities" to leave ESPN or rumored to be leaving (Andrews, cowherd, Rome, Kenny, Flores, Patrick, olbermann, Simmons) the one I think I miss the most is mike tirico who is rumored to be head to to nbc sports.
Maybe he can push Costas out the door.

BamaBuc

All-American
May 12, 2003
St. Pete Beach, FL
crimson-fan.neocities.org

Don't forget the Parent Company's are 'Disney' & 'Hearst', Hearst is a minority share holder of 20%...

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
I had no problem with him. He is entitled to his opinion, and while I didn't always agree I never took it as anything more than what it was.

He got people fired up, and obviously did a good job judging by responses here. He won't have a following at Fox, or anywhere else though, because those stations are awful.

Speaking of personalities who ESPN parted with, I'm just excited that Bill Simmons new HBO show finally has a start date. He's my favorite sports writer/personality.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I had no problem with him. He is entitled to his opinion, and while I didn't always agree I never took it as anything more than what it was.

He got people fired up, and obviously did a good job judging by responses here. He won't have a following at Fox, or anywhere else though, because those stations are awful.

Speaking of personalities who ESPN parted with, I'm just excited that Bill Simmons new HBO show finally has a start date. He's my favorite sports writer/personality.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
I have no problem with him expressing an opinion. Shoot, I'm one of the few Gary Danielsen fans on this board.

What made me change the channel whenever he opened his mouth was the dismissive condecension with which he met differing opinions.

He really and truly believes that if you disagree with him, that's prima facie evidence you're intellectually inferior to His Baylessness.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I have no problem with him expressing an opinion. Shoot, I'm one of the few Gary Danielsen fans on this board.

What made me change the channel whenever he opened his mouth was the dismissive condecension with which he met differing opinions.

He really and truly believes that if you disagree with him, that's prima facie evidence you're intellectually inferior to His Baylessness.
I think Danielsen's a brilliant color analyst.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.