Idaho to drop to FCS

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
http://footballscoop.com/news/source-idaho-to-drop-to-fcs/

Tomorrow, University of Idaho President Chuck Staben will make an announcement regarding the future of Vandal football.
On March 1st, the Sunbelt announced that following the 2017 season, the conference would not be renewing Idaho’s football only membership (New Mexico State was voted out as well). Given the lack of a future conference affiliation, speculation grew that Idaho would seek to find a more local schedule, likely by dropping down to FCS play.
FCS sources tell FootballScoop this is the route Idaho intends to move and the official conference affiliation will be announced tomorrow.
I'm sure the Boise State version of Krazy will approve this message.

This is a good move for them. They had been in the WAC, which got squeezed out in the last realignment and Idaho and New Mexico State did not get picked up by anyone. They had been in the Sun Belt for football only, but that was not feasible in the long run due to them being so far away. They are in the Big Sky for everything else and playing in a league with schools you can drive to will help build the program.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I might have to start cheering for them now.

I have no issue with responsibly run FCS programs. There's still waste in some of those athletic departments as well but from what I've seen they tend to operate more within their means. Some of these programs just weren't built to support things like FBS level stadiums, and a FBS head coach salary. Their real supporters, their real fans won't go away just because they are in the FCS.

Last edited:

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
The playoff would sort of work if we reduced FBS to 80 teams (ten eight-team divisions) and had five undisputed champions and the other three were determined by the polls. Eradicate two cupcake games (you wouldn't need them) and play all 7 in your division, 1 rotating, one annual from other division and every year have a mandatory conference showdown (all Pac 16 teams play all 16 SEC in week four so they're not rusty).

Conference title games the Sat after Thanksgiving.
First round the first week of December, semis to start bowl season around 12/20, final on 1/2, and New Years Day exhibitions.

Note: I am NOT advocating this at all as I oppose ANY playoff expansion but there's one plus - the committee can take a hike. Polls become relevant again and all conference champs make it. If three SEC teams are the top non-selected ranked teams so be it.

No I will not argue this, just pointing out dissolution of this mess would solve a LOT of problems that aren't real. We have too many FBS teams now anyway.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.