Link: Tennessee JUCO Signee Jonathan Kongbo Says UT will Beat Everyone in 2016

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Alabama started recruiting Kongbo fairly hard for a few weeks and then backed off. The talk was Saban and company felt he didn't have the frame to bulk up to play DE for Alabama. Wonder if his comment consists of a few sour grapes.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I didn't want to start a new thread everytime someone from UT speaks out but here's a quote from their defensive coordinator:

Orange Swarm?? :conf2:

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
Alabama started recruiting Kongbo fairly hard for a few weeks and then backed off. The talk was Saban and company felt he didn't have the frame to bulk up to play DE for Alabama. Wonder if his comment consists of a few sour grapes.
yep, recruited very hard based on film.....then we saw him in person and he was never going to be anything other than a Jack and we wanted/needed DEs.

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
I didn't want to start a new thread everytime someone from UT speaks out but here's a quote from their defensive coordinator:

Orange Swarm?? :conf2:
OK, then everyone will pass on them. (From the movie '300'... They will block out the sun with their arrows. Then we shall fight in the shade.)

Roll, National Champions, Roll!

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Ahh, so all this talk is sour grapes because he didn't get to play for the team he wanted.

The more I read about this kid, the dumber he appears.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
As highly recruited as he was, I respect Coach Saban was upfront & stonecold honest with the kid, it obviously wasn't what he wanted to hear from Coach Saban..Had he come to Bama & didn't get the playing time he thought he should have got, I'd hate to think what he would say then, just move on with life & get over Bama Kongbo..You will lose to Bama while wearing the ugly orange by the way..Get used to that son it's going to happen..

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012
Guy on another forum implied that Alabama and Florida are both scared of Tennessee. I then proceeded to post multiple laughing gifs.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.