Link: Tennessee JUCO Signee Jonathan Kongbo Says UT will Beat Everyone in 2016

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I guess he forgot to look at the 2016 schedule...
Looking at the schedule I see 5 wins for sure. App state, Virginia Tech, Tenn Tech, Vandy and Ohio.

Their SEC Schedule:, not so sure. It depends on coaches and where they have their teams at mentally and physically. Tennessee is very close. Florida can build on their miracle season last year. Georgia could contend right away. SEC EASt is going to be brutal battle between Tenn, SC and Florida.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
More trash talk this offseason than I can remember in previous offseasons. I hope our boys stay quite and just keep grinding. All this trash talk shows that Alabama's in their head. They're more concerned about beating Alabama than they are about improving themselves. Also shows the difference in head coaches. I couldn't imagine Saban allowing players to run their mouth to the media about who we're going to beat next season..

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
"It's football so once the pads are on, you've got to figure out how to win so we'll see."
I believe the record shows that Alabama has been figuring out how to win quite a bit over the last 10 years. Tennessee? Not so much . . .

TUSKtimes

1st Team
Sep 18, 2008
Right here, Right now
We talk about comments of the ole miss faithful and you get to thinking it's mostly because of the 2 game success. Tennessee is on a 9 game losing streak to the Tide and they're as loud and obnoxious as their uniforms. I think it's a trend.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Since the whole conference has beat us in the off-season, might as well forfeit and cut our losses.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
I am glad the young man is confident. If he come out saying "I think we're an 8 or 10 win team" I might be worried.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
UTe is developing the requisite combination of talent and experience. On any given Saturday, with both teams rested and relatively injury free, they can beat anybody.

What a lot of fans and talking heads lose track of, however, is that the SEC is God's own grind. No one game is all that debilitating. It's the mental and physical erosion that takes place over an eight-game schedule. Especially in the SECw, it's just brutal.

In 2016, UTe plays a murderer's row of Florida (home), UGA (road), aTm (road), then us in Knoxville.

Yes, Alabama after three SEC games, the previous two on the road, with no off weeks. If they run that undefeated, they deserve NC discussion. I don't think they can do it.

Welcome to the world without Roy Kamer as SEC Commissioner.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Tennessee has a pretty easy schedule other than that 4-game stretch. Pretty much if they get past Alabama week with only 1 loss of the ledger, I'm pretty sure they win the East.

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
I don't have any problem with Kongbo saying it. Young man, full of P&V. Backing it up will be a whole nother story.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
I'd love for them to get a surprise whipping from Virginia Tech to start the season. Unlikely to happen but the way I see it is VT has an entirely retooled offense under a new HC with yet another young, electric dual-threat QB who has now had time to mature under the pressure of game time - and at the same time they retained Bud Foster and his aggresive defense. Additionally - with the new HC and offense, it will be something that UT can't prepare very well for because they've never seen that exact iteration. Meanwhile Foster will know exactly what to look for from UT's offense. You never know - it could e a close one.

Also I love how a guy who has never played a snap of Division 1 football (or SEC football) knows that UT will run the board. All he has to compare with is practice against his own team. That's a great way to get your feelings hurt.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Tennessee has only beaten Alabama without benefit of an extra week TWICE in the last twenty years - 1997 and 2004.......two of the weaker teams in Alabama history (the latter losing the starting QB in week 3).

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.