Link: Tennessee JUCO Signee Jonathan Kongbo Says UT will Beat Everyone in 2016

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms
It don't take much to get the viles to seep out of the woodwork. They think it is vile year; makes it more fun to pull against them than when you know they are going to lose.
Guy on another forum implied that Alabama and Florida are both scared of Tennessee. I then proceeded to post multiple laughing gifs.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
Guy on another forum implied that Alabama and Florida are both scared of Tennessee. I then proceeded to post multiple laughing gifs.
I get why players and teams might want to puff out their chests a little bit - every kingdom will have their self titled "King Killers" out to start a coup or usurp the King. But I just don't understand how any fan in the U.S. could look at this Bama program and logically think they are scared of anyone or will be handled by anyone.

If there was a consistent pattern of: "Every time you face this obstacle, you fail." I would understand those suppositions. But the best argument anyone can raise is a, "Well there was that one time..."

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I haven't read through the thread, but Tennessee is 0 for its last 18 against BOTH of those teams......and 1-21 since 2005, their sole win coming in 2006 against an overmatched Alabama offense. That losing streak encompasses FOUR coaches for the Vols and THREE for the Gators.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Here's something to remember - these guys get away with this stuff because it's easy. Say it. If it doesn't happen, NOBODY remembers it. (Well, I do, but I digress).

If you DO it and you win it all - it gets referenced in the documentary about your national title team in future years.

It's a no-risk proposition.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Here's something to remember - these guys get away with this stuff because it's easy. Say it. If it doesn't happen, NOBODY remembers it. (Well, I do, but I digress).

If you DO it and you win it all - it gets referenced in the documentary about your national title team in future years.

It's a no-risk proposition.
Know what you`re getting at Selma, but " no-risk "? Not so sure that`s accurate when one`s comments end up on the locker door of a 300+ lb O lineman who might just decide to put his forearm right in your adam`s apple. Confidence is one thing, but if one shoots off one`s mouth, one needs to be sure that one`s butt can cash the check that one`s mouth is writing.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Just curious where this new found optimism for UT is coming from?

And then to poke the bear by announcing they are coming for us??? I'd try the sneaking up approach first!

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Just curious where this new found optimism for UT is coming from?

And then to poke the bear by announcing they are coming for us??? I'd try the sneaking up approach first!
Because they played with us until the 4th qtr in the flatest, unemotional game we played all year and they beat Vandy, UK and Northwestern in their last few games. Not really sure how optimistic you can be based on that but I guess when you have been where the viles have been you will take anything.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
I'd love for them to get a surprise whipping from Virginia Tech to start the season. Unlikely to happen but the way I see it is VT has an entirely retooled offense under a new HC with yet another young, electric dual-threat QB who has now had time to mature under the pressure of game time - and at the same time they retained Bud Foster and his aggresive defense. Additionally - with the new HC and offense, it will be something that UT can't prepare very well for because they've never seen that exact iteration. Meanwhile Foster will know exactly what to look for from UT's offense. You never know - it could e a close one.

Also I love how a guy who has never played a snap of Division 1 football (or SEC football) knows that UT will run the board. All he has to compare with is practice against his own team. That's a great way to get your feelings hurt.
I believe the last team that got a surprise whippin from birginia tech at the beginning of the season won the Nattional Championship that year.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
I believe the last team that got a surprise whippin from birginia tech at the beginning of the season won the Nattional Championship that year.
For a moment I thought you were referring to Ohio State's early loss to VT in 2014. (That was probably my favorite game from that season) But you are correct! Boy that was a hard fought game. But in the end - RTR.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.