News Article: Why Alabama juniors always seem to make the right NFL Draft decisions

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
CNS gives them straight talk and always has the player's best interest in mind. You can tell the players trust him and usually follow his advise.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Coach Saban is also finishing #1 in the nation in re-recruiting our juniors.
I get your point, but it's not that simple. I think we've seen plenty of juniors leave early with his blessing, so it isn't as though he's desperately clinging to them or anything (not saying you meant that). I would point to Urban Meyer as someone that talked some some guys into staying (he managed to keep all his QBs around last year, managed to get Tebow to stay as well) when it might not be in their best interest. The key is that Nick Saban seems to be good at keeping guys from making bad choices. I think the distinction needs to be made.

Last edited:

TUSKtimes

1st Team
Sep 18, 2008
Right here, Right now
I get your point, but it's not that simple. I think we've seen plenty of juniors leave early with his blessing, so it isn't as though he's desperately clinging to them or anything (not saying you meant that). I would point to Urban Meyer as someone that talked some some guys into staying (he managed to keep all his QBs around last year, managed to get Tebow to stay as well) when it might not be in their best interest. The key is that Nick Saban seems to be good at keeping guys from making bad choices. I think the distinction needs to be made.

A recent article suggested we're averaging 2 early draftees per season. I appreciated that even if a player like Henry doesn't receive a 1st round grade, he was quick to say go, that player can't improve their draft stock by staying his senior year. That honesty on all levels has to help the kids to believe in what coach is saying. Just sounds like he does a good job of taking some of the emotion out of it.

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
Two things I like:

1. There is no doubt in their minds that Coach Saban has their best interest in mind, and is going to give them good advice. There appears to me that there is only one (well maybe two) exception in that list. There is a great deal of trust displayed by the players in him.
2. Recruits and their parents can and do see this.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Two things I like:

1. There is no doubt in their minds that Coach Saban has their best interest in mind, and is going to give them good advice. There appears to me that there is only one (well maybe two) exception in that list. There is a great deal of trust displayed by the players in him.
2. Recruits and their parents can and do see this.
yep - earlier this draft season there was an article where A'shon said he and his family were thinking about him coming back, but after talking with Saban they decided for him to go ahead and declare. that's certainly going to carry a lot of weight every single time he's having that conversation with a junior about leaving or staying, because it's proof Saban will advise what he thinks is best for that player and not just selfishly try to sell them to stay. Not to say Saban might not miss a guy and advise them to stay and then the leave and do great (Kirkpatrick), but at least players will know Saban's being completely forthcoming about things.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.