2016 NFL Draft Thread (April 28, 29, and 30)

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
You think so? Is it his size? He certainly has the ball skills.
Yea he lacks NFL size and speed IMO. Doesn't have the size to cover bigger receivers and doesn't have the speed to cover the typical slot receiver. JMO..

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
Understand but are you telling me Bama's players aren't better than what's been picked? Especially considering Bama went against a lot of those players and beat them.
Our team was better. Some of the guys taken already are simply elite dudes that also fill team needs.

Last edited:

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Understand but are you telling me Bama's players aren't better than what's been picked? Especially considering Bama went against a lot of those players and beat them.
That's not how the NFL draft works. It's more about projection than your collegiate production..

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
It's not always about being a better player. Scheme and need are very important in the draft.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Yea he lacks NFL size and speed IMO. Doesn't have the size to cover bigger receivers and doesn't have the speed to cover the typical slot receiver. JMO..
I tend to agree. Against weaker WRs in college, he was dominant. The better WRs in college smoked him.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
I'll take that. Heh, meanwhile, Cyrus will probably go late Day 2 and help a team in sooo many ways.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Saw that claim earlier. As someone pointed out, he had a confederate flag on his wall in Florida? Makes more sense in Oxford.
Yeah that is kinda odd, but I'm just relaying what I just saw. In any event it was stupid. If you are doing something you shouldn't... Destroy the evidence.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Guys chill. We're still going to have at least 3 and maybe 4 - Reed, Ragland, Robinson and Kelly..

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
That's not how the NFL draft works. It's more about projection than your collegiate production..
I think that's what people miss. We view what they in terms of college, but most NFL teams basically hit the reset button on a player and go off of that 2.5 months between the NC and draft day. I think the top 3 are pretty much solely based on college performance and fan opinion though.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.