2016 NFL Draft Thread (April 28, 29, and 30)

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
So, the Titans are stupid for picking Henry -- who was ridden-hard by Alabama and Saban......

Elliott - Ohio State - 3 Years - 592 Carries - 58 Receptions -- 650 plays from scrimmage
Henry - Alabama - 3 Years - 602 Carries - 17 Receptions -- 619 plays from scrimmage

Expert Morons

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
So, the Titans are stupid for picking Henry -- who was ridden-hard by Alabama and Saban......

Elliott - Ohio State - 3 Years - 592 Carries - 58 Receptions -- 650 plays from scrimmage
Henry - Alabama - 3 Years - 602 Carries - 17 Receptions -- 619 plays from scrimmage

Expert Morons
You make a real good point. I'm a big Titans fan and very excited that the Titans drafted Henry. I've heard several pundits and media members question the pick of Henry because the Titans signed DeMarco Murray in the offseason. However, it looks as if the new regime in Tennessee is looking to create an identity around establishing the LOS and smash mouth football. I can see the Titans running the ball 30-40 times per game with Murray and Henry somewhat splitting those carries. I think the pick makes a lot of sense because Murray has just a few more years in his prime and Henry can learn from him and in a few years he'll take over as the franchise back. This should take a lot of pressure off of Mariota and also help keep him upright with less passing plays..

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia

Expert Morons
But Henry played in the SEC. Elliot didn't. Just sayin.:wink:

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009

Expert Morons
I assume that does not include the plays they had blocking assignments. I can understand some thinking that Henry got a lot more wear and tear for a few games this year, but to say that he was used up just does not line up.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Contracts for the Alabama players that have already signed:

- Colts deal for first-round pick Ryan Kelly worth up to $10.45 million and includes $5.8 million signing bonus
- Jarran Reed Seahawks deal worth $4.889 million including $1.756 million signing bonus
- Patriots rookie cornerback Cyrus Jones has signed his rookie contract (amounts not disclosed yet)

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

- Colts deal for first-round pick Ryan Kelly worth up to $10.45 million and includes $5.8 million signing bonus
- Jarran Reed Seahawks deal worth $4.889 million including $1.756 million signing bonus
- Patriots rookie cornerback Cyrus Jones has signed his rookie contract (amounts not disclosed yet)
Ryan is certainly a happy young man I'm sure. It's amazing, the difference between first and second round. Ryan's basically making more than twice as much money as Jarran even though he's not twice as good a football player. I think Jarran will play a long time though and the big big bucks will be there sooner than later.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Please boys, you can live well AND invest for your family`s futures. Please be smart.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Ryan is certainly a happy young man I'm sure. It's amazing, the difference between first and second round. Ryan's basically making more than twice as much money as Jarran even though he's not twice as good a football player. I think Jarran will play a long time though and the big big bucks will be there sooner than later.
The delta between Kelly and Reed/Robinson was based on supply and demand. Kelly was the #1 overall center prospect by a wide margin and really the only center with a first round grade. Conversely, there were probably >10 defensive tackles who received a first round grade thus the slippage of Reed and Robinson. JMO..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.