2016 NFL Draft Thread (April 28, 29, and 30)

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
So the Texas a&m punter got drafted. I wonder how Scott will do when he finishes his career with us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
6 runningbacks in the 5th round. What has happened to the NFL?
Most of the teams are pass first now for whatever reason. But if you look at the truly successful teams like Denver or Carolina, the Super Bowl participants, they both follow the traditional formula--Play great defense and run the football.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Saw a very interesting stat earlier that 66% of the starters in the NFL last year were drafted in the 3rd round or later. That's crazy. These last rounds are really where teams are built..

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
Most of the teams are pass first now for whatever reason. But if you look at the truly successful teams like Denver or Carolina, the Super Bowl participants, they both follow the traditional formula--Play great defense and run the football.
Well with the large staffs of these reams maybe some will start to catach on.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Saw a very interesting stat earlier that 66% of the starters in the NFL last year were drafted in the 3rd round or later. That's crazy. These last rounds are really where teams are built..
They're hungrier. I think it's really that simple. So they work their butt off to get the absolute max out of their ability.
It's incomprehensible to me that Antonio Brown and Tom Brady were sixth round draft picks.

dvil doc

1st Team
Dec 3, 2014
Northern Virginia
Ravens just picked a running back from Navy. It'll be interesting to see what warfare specialty he picked and if they let him change to a shore based job so as to try and make it and play.

edit: Keenan Reynolds. He picked Intelligence I think. Low density for him. He'll get a chance to make it.

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Since rounds 3-7 make up over 71% of the players, and you also have free agents, that number isn't really surprising. Rounds 1 & 2 get better shots out of the gate because of the initial financial investment (signing bonuses), but most of the league is made up of the workhorses that can come from any round. The non-tackle o-linemen, defensive linemen, tight ends, and special teams players - they make up more than half of every team, and they are not drafted high very often.

ETA: A friend of mine just corrected me - with all of the compensatory picks, rounds 3-7 make up about 80% of the draft.

Last edited:

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
OT but are the Titans gonna grab the Duke safety Cash or Jalen Mills while they are still available? Gosh!
I would be good with either one. I'm really impressed with the overall haul for the Titans. How do you think we did?

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Denver however won't be back in the Super Bowl and probably won't make the playoffs. You kinda need a qb to do that.
Well that's the great thing about being able to run the ball and to play great defense. You can have a game manager at QB and still win championships. At least that's been my experience as a Bama fan the last few years.
And remember, Peyton did not have agreat year at all.
Denver won the Super Bowl because they had the best defense in Pro Football in my opinion.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.