The Swedish gubbament wants you to eat insects (to fight "Global Warming")

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
http://www.breitbart.com/london/201...tizens-trade-meat-insects-end-global-warming/

This reminds me of a certain fascist regime, from back in the '30s, that wanted its citizens to have "one-pot meal" Sundays. Usually meatless.

In place of the traditional Sunday roast. (I think that is the real reason the Brits went to war, against the stinking Nazis. No roast, on Sunday???? Yeah, that would definitely lead to fighting on the beaches, etc.)

(Apologies to Churchill, for using his speech as part of my schtick.)

Anyway, silly stuff like this brings one phrase to mind:

Seig heil.

Kamerads.

(Remember, the science is settled. If it is settled, then why do they continue to study it, and ask for more $$$$$? I thought it wasn't about the $$$$$.)

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
Re: The Swedish gubbament wants you to eat insects (to fight "Global Warming")

Meh - with Syrians of questionable character invading Europe....what the hell?

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

http://www.breitbart.com/london/201...tizens-trade-meat-insects-end-global-warming/

This reminds me of a certain fascist regime, from back in the '30s, that wanted its citizens to have "one-pot meal" Sundays. Usually meatless.

In place of the traditional Sunday roast. (I think that is the real reason the Brits went to war, against the stinking Nazis. No roast, on Sunday???? Yeah, that would definitely lead to fighting on the beaches, etc.)

(Apologies to Churchill, for using his speech as part of my schtick.)

Anyway, silly stuff like this brings one phrase to mind:

Seig heil.

Kamerads.

(Remember, the science is settled. If it is settled, then why do they continue to study it, and ask for more $$$$$? I thought it wasn't about the $$$$$.)
Um, "seig" is not a word. It's "Sieg Heil," or "hale to victory." And it would be "Kameraden," except everyone other than the Kommunisten used "Genossen." As for the rest, any science is never, never, "settled."

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas

Never studied German, so one would expect you to know the plural! Thanks for the explanation of that "G" word. Never understood why something that sounded like convoluted version of folks from Genoa came into use.

But, hey...........the science is settled. We are told that, all the time.

By folks who are neither scientists, or "climatologists". Just wait to the next televised awards show to be reminded.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.