Alabama Assistant Bo Davis leaving over inquiry into possible recruiting violations

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Well the problem a lot of us have really goes back to the textbooks. Alabama was forthcoming, they cooperated fully, it was a pretty trivial matter. However, the NCAA was still fairly heavy handed. Contrasting that with Miami's refusal to cooperate, and Auburn's refusal to cooperate, and it showed you can get away with pretty much anything now as long as you don't admit guilt. So, if this is minor and didn't involve any active players, yeah I think cooperating will make it go away with no meaningful impact. But, if it was more serious Alabama darn well better know when to clam up.
I would argue that they had no solid evidence in either of those cases, but the NCAA doesn't need evidence, so I got nothing.

I hate the NCAA.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
To heck with one player if it keeps us away from a NCAA investigation. I'm over that stuff.
Totally agree. If he is coming to Bama because of an asst coach indtead of our tradition, Coach Saban and our student body and beautiful campus/stadium then we surely don't want or need him.

MDBSnare

All-SEC
Nov 5, 2007
I just want to say "bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep" and another thing, "bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep", "bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep"! I. Hate. The. NCAA. Those people are "bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep" and, I'll tell ya the "bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep". There....I feel better.....not.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Not getting the guy might actually be preferable in this scenario.

Hate it for Bo, he was a great coach that the players all loved, but he broke the rules and now he'll probably have a show cause on him from the NCAA.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
Not getting the guy might actually be preferable in this scenario.

Hate it for Bo, he was a great coach that the players all loved, but he broke the rules and now he'll probably have a show cause on him from the NCAA.
yes, and cns sent him away once before...

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
Shows the immaturity of these players.
And people wonder why normal adults dont have twitter and facebook accounts. When I was growing up the last thing I wanted anyone to know was what I was doing or who I was with. Now your not a man unless you can tweet some juvenile statement like that, oops i forgot he is still a juvenile. If a kid is coming to Bama because of one coach what does that say about the kid ?

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Heh, nobody is going to be talking about this tomorrow. It's going to be all about Ole Miss and the Tunsil saga..

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Heh, nobody is going to be talking about this tomorrow. It's going to be all about Ole Miss and the Tunsil saga..

Hmmmm..........makes you think the REC might really work in strange and usual ways. (Translation: someone had to leak the Tunsil stuff, and the timing is a bit mysterious.) Or not. Makes for a good conspiracy theory. And hopefully this in the background.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.