Alabama Assistant Bo Davis leaving over inquiry into possible recruiting violations

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Is that it? Hopefully so. Cover up is almost always worse than the crime. Lying to the boss man will get you fired every time..
This lines up with what we've heard so far. In terms of repercussions it's a big ol' yawn. I thought it would be worse than that though, but I'm fine if that's what it is.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Like some have tried to say, let's wait until details start leaking/coming out before acting like the NCAA is going to tear down the athletic facilities and sell the parts for more money.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
My absolute least concern is who our next DLine coach is going to be. I want to know this mess is not serious, put to bed, and done! I don't understand any significance with the Kiffin tweets. Maybe someone can enlighten me.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I think Chris Kiffin would be quite a get for recruiting and coaching. He landed Nkemdieche, right?
Houston Nutt taking a flyer on Denzel Nkemdiche brought Robert to Ole Miss.

My absolute least concern is who our next DLine coach is going to be. I want to know this mess is not serious, put to bed, and done! I don't understand any significance with the Kiffin tweets. Maybe someone can enlighten me.
Either he's in Mississippi recruiting or he's getting his brother.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
I assume there are a lot of close coach to recruit relationships that continue into the dead period, both trusting each other. Word gets out, reported, then you are standing if front of your head coach. $425,000 is a lot of Money for a position coach, anywhere. It would be very hard to ever make that again. I thank Coach Davis for his hard work, He was a great recruiter, position coach and 7 years. It's sad. I hope that this is just what was speculated. I lived the NCAA nightmare, and we all have some chicken little in us......we are talking a decade. Hopefully this is the case, Coach Saban has a good reputation, and the coach losses a top tier job. And that is end of story.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
If all that happened was that he contacted a recruit when he wasn't supposed to and then Saban fired him, I would hope that would be the end of it as far as the NCAA is concerned. I guess we can cross whoever the player was off our list due to this, but we'll survive.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
If all that happened was that he contacted a recruit when he wasn't supposed to and then Saban fired him, I would hope that would be the end of it as far as the NCAA is concerned. I guess we can cross whoever the player was off our list due to this, but we'll survive.
Joker Phillips was fired by Florida for meeting Calvin Ridley during a quiet period, and Florida suffered no consequences. Bama should be fine.

I believe the player was from last class and has already signed with a school.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
If this is all that's involved, I'm very relieved. This has had me worried for the last 24 hours but I knew that Coach Saban would be on top of it.

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006
Well let's put two and two together. Ole Myth is under the microscope, NCAA is interviewing recruits and players. Ole miss and the state of MS recent signee is interviewed. Bo Davis recruits MS and DLinemen. A particular DL had committed to Bo Davis and Bama originally but decommits. Bo continues to recruit the player and has bumped into him and talked to him numerous occasions and in excess of limits. The NCAA is asking about the new recruits entire recruiting process. Some possible violations are mentioned by said player and flags go up. Bama notified and investigates. Violations could be true, so Bo Davis is questioned about some facts of a certain player 's recruitment. Apparently something the Bama staff believes to be true, Bob said he didn't do anything or whatever he said. So Bo Davis is caught up in some untruths and possibly lies about some investigated and some substantiated facts.

Boom! Coach Bo just lied and broke the terms of his contract and put the program at risk.

Your fired, or save face and resign. And not just recruiting concerns, but the lies.

Fiction or not.... But it all starts with the Ole Myth investigation. Coincidence, I think not.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Dare it be said, and I do so never trusting the NCAA concerning anything, but this is beginning to look less consequential by the day. That`s especially true IMHO due to the actions that`ve occurred ( Bo`s resignation ).

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.