Alabama Assistant Bo Davis leaving over inquiry into possible recruiting violations

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
A reminds of why the mere mention of violations makes a lot of folks nervous:

http://sports.outsidethebeltway.com/2007/11/ncaa-screwed-alabama-say-former-chairman/

David Swank, who held the position of chairman for seven years and served on the committee for nine, testified in a defamation and privacy suit against the NCAA brought by disassociated booster Ray Keller in Jackson County Circuit Court. Swank questioned the NCAA’s finding of three major violations against Alabama and Keller and said the NCAA may have violated its own rules by using confidential sources. The NCAA also violated rules by not turning over all the available evidence to the infractions committee during a November 2001 hearing in Indianapolis.
Yeah. Making matters worse, when the NCAA rejected our appeal, they said, "Yes, we broke our own rules. We don't care. Suck, it Bama."

That's not verbatim, but it's damned close.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
With the stink descending on Ole Myth, it may not be a good time to be hiring anyone from there, regardless of how clean that person is. Unfortunate as it may be.
I'll say this.. I'm open to Chris Kiffin, because he has done extremely good job with the DL line.. and Saban has brought folks in who had history of NCAA trouble before. Kiffin, Tosh Lupoi, Lance Thompson, etc. So, I think we'll be fine with him. but common sense in me, would think Tosh Lupoi would move to D line, and Freddie Roach gets the OLB spot.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Yeah. Making matters worse, when the NCAA rejected our appeal, they said, "Yes, we broke our own rules. We don't care. Suck, it Bama."

That's not verbatim, but it's damned close.
That's why in the whole scheme of things, "NCAA" are words that when mentioned in the same breath as Alabama bring to mind thoughts like "Greetings from the Department of Internal Revenue" and "You are hereby summoned to appear in court on (date)." (Or whatever that says since it's never happened to me personally).

I'm still angry about it all these years later - not that we were virginal innocents but that the NCAA basically tried to kill a gnat with an Abrams tank division. There was no sense of proportion to their 'justice.' When I was a child, I used to think Jerry Tarkanian was insane - then I got older and observed the two-facedness in Kansas and realized Tark was right when he said, "The NCAA is so mad at Kentucky, it will probably slap another two years probation on Cleveland State."

Fact is - Tark was right about that point.

TRU

All-SEC
Oct 3, 2000
Tampa, FL
Not a big deal. Just shut up, lawyer up and let the NCAA know you are filing a civil suit for damages resulting from lost revenue to the AD in Tuscaloosa if they do not go away. People may not like Auburn and the U but they showed how to to beat the NCAA.

That said, look for the NCAA to aggressively come after Bama. They do not like Bama's dominance in CFB and will use this as a way to take Bama down and restore some parity. Bama needs to stonewall them.

peterolt1de

BamaNation Citizen
Feb 27, 2011
OCEAN SPRINGS, MS
Hopefully CNS's quick actions will suffice to the NCAA for whatever we did. But I'll say this, there are several other institutions they have to deal with for major violations before they get to us.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Guys... As other has mentioned... There shouldn't be an issue coming out of this situation and not to be concerned because Saban got ahead of the situation. Just chill.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Lane Kiffin very well could be telling us the next coach via his Twitter account...

At 1:54 he tweeted "#BigGameHunting" with this picture:

At 1:55 he tweeted this picture

Roll Tide 00

1st Team
Sep 13, 2007
That said, look for the NCAA to aggressively come after Bama. They do not like Bama's dominance in CFB and will use this as a way to take Bama down and restore some parity. Bama needs to stonewall them.
Let's slow down on the tinfoil hat conspiracies.

Last edited:

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
You don't lie to your boss...BUUUUUUT you especially don't get caught in a lie by the big boss.

That's almost always a pack your er...stuff...and leave moment

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.