Alabama Assistant Bo Davis leaving over inquiry into possible recruiting violations

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Yes Joker violated the "bump rule" as did Bo. Pretty much anything after hello will qualify.
I thought the Saban/bump rule was during a quiet period, but Joker and Bo made contact during a dead period.

It's all stupid in my book. If a kid wants to meet with a coach, why does it matter when it is?

TUSKtimes

1st Team
Sep 18, 2008
Right here, Right now
I thought the Saban/bump rule was during a quiet period, but Joker and Bo made contact during a dead period.

It's all stupid in my book. If a kid wants to meet with a coach, why does it matter when it is?
Don't know, but it feels like a waste. Got to believe Bo survives this had he just come clean. As they say, the cover-up is always worse than the crime.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Don't know, but it feels like a waste. Got to believe Bo survives this had he just come clean. As they say, the cover-up is always worse than the crime.
I believe it would have been a secondary violation - they happen all the time. Not saying we should be flippant about them, but I bet we self-report t least a dozen secondaries annually.

IOW, I agree - Davis would still be coaching at Bama had he been honest. But if you lie to the boss, you pay the price...

TUSKtimes

1st Team
Sep 18, 2008
Right here, Right now
I believe it would have been a secondary violation - they happen all the time. Not saying we should be flippant about them, but I bet we self-report t least a dozen secondaries annually.

IOW, I agree - Davis would still be coaching at Bama had he been honest. But if you lie to the boss, you pay the price...

Thinking some of those lies could have reached others before Saban gets downwind. Possible he just didn't have the leverage this time.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
So.... What's the chance Bo Davis could possibly join Kirby's Staff in off the field role this fall.. and or joining next year? But then again, we haven't heard from Joker Phillip lately.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
So.... What's the chance Bo Davis could possibly join Kirby's Staff in off the field role this fall.. and or joining next year? But then again, we haven't heard from Joker Phillip lately.
If Bo Davis lands anywhere I would expect him to get a job in the NFL. I doubt he could get a job in college anytime soon considering the overhanging allegations..

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Tweeted the other day I figured this wouldn't be a story if Suttles had not broken the news Thursday afternoon. UA would have been able to spin Bo's resignation in a way to avoid the recruiting violation talk. Instead, Suttles got the scoop and did what he should do - report the news.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Suttles was just doing his job...if he was a bit late to the trigger then UA may have gotten to define the story a bit more.

But he did his job ethically and didn't ever try to clickbait it to heck and back.

Last edited:

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
supposedly MSU turned Bo in for a night before NSD visit to Jeffery Simmons. grain of salt, but it falls in same ballpark as what we heard initially

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Looked him up and he is receivers coach for the Cleveland Browns.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
This indicates you think Alabama is clean. Do you think Alabama is clean?

No school is clean in recruiting.
Absolutely, RTR, Alabama included. If nothing else, too many well heeled alumni whose sense of self worth is pathologically tied up with what 19-20 year olds do on fall Saturday afternoons.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.