Alabama Assistant Bo Davis leaving over inquiry into possible recruiting violations

Rolltidegirl205

All-SEC
Sep 20, 2014
Hopefully this doesn't explode into anything more. I think it seems like it's died down because the media has forgotten about it so far. But if anything people will salivating at the mouth for the downfall of this dominant football program. I'd hate for anything more to come of this.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Not a big deal. Just shut up, lawyer up and let the NCAA know you are filing a civil suit for damages resulting from lost revenue to the AD in Tuscaloosa if they do not go away. People may not like Auburn and the U but they showed how to to beat the NCAA.

That said, look for the NCAA to aggressively come after Bama. They do not like Bama's dominance in CFB and will use this as a way to take Bama down and restore some parity. Bama needs to stonewall them.
This is simply not true in the current era, with a new commissioner and new NCAA leadership. You're talking about the past...

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
This is simply not true in the current era, with a new commissioner and new NCAA leadership. You're talking about the past...
Hope you are right. Most of us want fair and rational treatment for all member schools from the NCAA. Yes I know that falls under fantasy land but it would be nice if the NCAA could attempt to be competent in their enforcement actions.

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
Call me chicken little, but I'm a bit concerned about the logic. If all it was was contact, why lie at all?
Calm down. Come away from the ledge please. CNS is and always will be proactive.

Bo Davis screwed up. And he prolly won't be the last to do so. But I guarantee others "cheeks" will draw to a pucker if the thought of cheating, much less lying about it, even crosses their minds. Sorry we're losing him as a coach but if he needed to go then..................

TRU

All-SEC
Oct 3, 2000
Tampa, FL
I hope that you are correct. But I still do not trust the NCAA to do the right thing. They seem to have no ethical code at at all.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
There's a lot of time and effort that the players and coaches are given in teaching what you can and can't do regarding recruiting and NCAA do and don'ts. I'm sure Coach Saban is pretty PO'd when a coach breaks one of these rules. When you are in a position of management and a subordinate lies to you, he or she has to go. I would think that CNS still cares for Bo Davis and his family but he had no choice but to ask for his resignation.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
I hope that you are correct. But I still do not trust the NCAA to do the right thing. They seem to have no ethical code at at all.
This was undoubtedly the case with the Dubose regime. Likewise, it is not with Nick Saban, whom the NCAA clearly respects as a serious and honorable man. Saban has been here 10 years. He inherited Bookgate. Can anyone remember another time during his administration when the NCAA's dealings with us were anything other than by the book?

TexasRed

3rd Team
Nov 15, 2010
San Antonio, TX
Yeah. I'm not happy with the way the NCAA handled the Means case, but Dubose was the real problem for us back then. This quote from the Scarbinsky article reassures me a little bit about the instant issue, at least insofar as it indicates that the University is being as proactive as it can be.

A person familiar with the situation told AL.com it did concern a potential recruiting violation, which may not have been serious in nature, but Davis was not cooperative with the school when questioned about it. It appears that lack of cooperation led to his departure.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Some irony being gone for violating the one rule named for the boss.
This isn't the Saban rule. The rule named after Saban is when a coach is visiting a high school and happens to see a recruit and starts a nice long conversation with said recruit.

The Bo Davis situation appears to be a planned meeting like Joker Phillips meeting Calvin Ridley at a restaurant during a quiet period.

TUSKtimes

1st Team
Sep 18, 2008
Right here, Right now
This isn't the Saban rule. The rule named after Saban is when a coach is visiting a high school and happens to see a recruit and starts a nice long conversation with said recruit.

The Bo Davis situation appears to be a planned meeting like Joker Phillips meeting Calvin Ridley at a restaurant during a quiet period.

Yes Joker violated the "bump rule" as did Bo. Pretty much anything after hello will qualify.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Apologies if this has already been discussed. Just read that the recruits that Bo Davis had impermissible contact with did not sign with Alabama. If true, hopefully his resignation will be the end of it..

BAMAfan777

1st Team
Jun 25, 2010
All I remember about the DLine before Bo took over was a serious lack of push into the backfield. With Bo and Sal out of the D in the same year, thank god we have the miracle worker, Saban.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
If Nixon had been this proactive in handling Watergate, history would have been very different the last 40 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.