kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Shakopee Minnesota, via Birmingham Alabama
This is Where the Football Season Never Ends! Bama News First, and Foremost,
interesting SEC news, and salie
nt football news, Updated Daily

2016 NFL Draft: Colts get an A+ for drafting Ryan Kelly with 18th pick - CBSSports.com-rbr
Kelly's stock shot up at the NFL combine in February, where he showed off his athleticism.
The center ran a 5.03 40-yard dash, which was the fastest of any center and the sixth-fastest of any linemen in Indy. According to the guys over at NFLDraftScout.com, it's Kelly's athleticism that will likely allow him to succeed at the pro level: "Quite athletic, slipping to the second level easily while run blocking and mirroring defenders while in pass protection. Has not allowed a sack the past two years."
rbr op Not only did he go two years without allowing a sack, but Kelly was also only called for one penalty in all of 2015.
Emphasis mine. That kind of player isn't easy to replace, folks. It's not surprising that Saban would peg a guy like Ross Pierschbacher over a guy with limited game experience to fill such a critical role.
The Colts are getting an extremely smart, athletic player. That Kelly was drafted so much higher than his predecessor, the ever-decorated Barrett Jones, underscores the emphasis that NFL war rooms place on the workout circuit. While Jones sat out the Combine to nurse a lisfranc injury, Kelly was healthy and able to show out. Congratulations to him, and here's hoping he becomes the Jeff Saturday to Andrew Luck's Peyton Manning.

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Colts draft center Ryan Kelly in first round of 2016 NFL Draft - Stampede Blue-rbr
Kelly is not a surprising pick for the Colts whatsoever, as it seems in recent days that the overwhelming majority of mock drafts have had the Colts taking the Alabama center. It's certainly a pick that should make quarterback Andrew Luck happy, as he gets a good center to help protect him. Kelly is a player who can step in right away and start for the Colts from day one at center and addresses the biggest area of need up front. Kelly should be a good player for the Colts for several years to come, and that's never a bad pick at number 18 overall.

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Laremy Tunsil admits to taking money from an Ole Miss coach | FOX Sports-rbr
Former Ole Miss offensive lineman Laremy Tunsil admitted Thursday night that he took money from a Rebels coach. "I made a mistake," Tunsil said at a press conference at the NFL Draft in Chicago. "That happened." When asked to clarify if that comment that meant he took money from an Ole Miss coach, Tunsil said "I'd have to say yeah."

rbr opIt was certainly an interesting night for Laremy Tunsil, but I don't buy the text messages deal. First off, they look fake to me. Secondly, surely Ole Miss isn't so brazen to have Assistant ADs brokering cash deals for players and leaving a paper trail. I mean, surely. Right?
rbr opThat said, when put on the spot Tunsil did admit taking money from a coach and his recruitment has obviously already fallen under much scrutiny. Being that no coaches have been terminated due to their roles in his recruitment (see: Alabama's handling of Bo Davis) this probably isn't going away for Ole Miss. Nowadays, programs aren't typically punished for the crime as long as the administration acts swiftly and decisively upon discovery. Systemic cheating, however, where coaches are encouraged to find money for players as the higher-ups turn a blind eye, will get you hammered.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.