DL Coach Vacancy Thread

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Re: Alabama Assistant Bo Davis leaving over inquiry into possible recruiting violatio

Really hope that comes to pass. We`re prejudiced I know, but it`s hard for me to imagine any assistant/position coach not wanting to spend at least some time with a Head Coach that`s generally considered one of the two or three best the game of football`s ever seen. Just to learn his organizational and leadership philosophies if nothing else. Who knows, maybe even pick up some jewelry along the way!

TUSKtimes

1st Team
Sep 18, 2008
Right here, Right now
Re: Alabama Assistant Bo Davis leaving over inquiry into possible recruiting violatio

Nice way to settle in to the kirby smart era. After what little was published about our strength coach near departure, would be a nice return of fire. Reputation is that he can coach. I can live with that too.

Sagamore Bill

1st Team
Sep 1, 2010
Oklahoma

I will trust CNS to hire only the best. The resultant explosion among the "Awbarn Fambly" would be worth watching.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

Barners on ITAT don't think it'll happen. Makes me hope it does (if CNS believes he's the best man for the job).

Barners will melt down.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Barners on ITAT don't think it'll happen. Makes me hope it does (if CNS believes he's the best man for the job).

Barners will melt down.
Just out of curiosity, why? Because he went to Auburn and is " fambly" ?

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.

I don't understand this kind of thinking also. This is his career and sometimes you make decisions based solely on that. Surely they wouldn't criticize a man for bettering his job, but the more I think about it they probably will.Poor barners!

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

I don't understand this kind of thinking also. This is his career and sometimes you make decisions based solely on that. Surely they wouldn't criticize a man for bettering his job, but the more I think about it they probably will.Poor barners!
IDK...they were dismissing it as rumor. Bottom line is they hate all things Bama.

Somebody did remind them that Dye coached at Bama too, though.

But who am I trying to explaing the way their warped minds think??? :wink:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

IDK...they were dismissing it as rumor. Bottom line is they hate all things Bama.

Somebody did remind them that Dye coached at Bama too, though.

But who am I trying to explaing the way their warped minds think??? :wink:
UGA's 247 site reported yesterday their sources say the hire is highly unlikely.

rolltideface

All-SEC
Jun 30, 2001
hoover, alabama

I can't get the link to work- who are we talking about here? Tracy Rocker?

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Awesome..Every move Coach Saban makes is calculated to the highest extent, to give the very best in every aspect of college life, as a football player at The University Of Alabama for our Players.."The Process" continues & moves on..

Karl Dunbar is official

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
CNS has done such a good job hiring coaches, I literally don't even think about it any more. Dunbar will be great.
Exactly..There's a lot of things in life I worry about, but, when it comes to Alabama Football under Coach Saban isn't one of those things..Coach Saban has always done the one thing that keeps Bama Football atop college football & that is to surround himself with the best of the best when it comes to his coaching staff..That was one of Coach Bryants secret to his success at Bama..The Bear always had a great support staff at Bama much like Coach Saban right now at Bama..

Harmost

All-American
Sep 19, 2005
CNS has done such a good job hiring coaches, I literally don't even think about it any more. Dunbar will be great.
I generally agree, although there's been plenty of questioning of some hires after they were gone (in true super fan form). I'm not worried, but it is interesting to think through this guy's work in an "I'm an Alabama fan on an Alabama fan message board" kind of way.

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
I have no doubt about it. Didn't know anything about him until his name came up as a candidate. He's been around and with CNS on multiple stints which is a good thing. Experience not only bolsters what you should do but exposes what you shouldn't do. I feel good about it.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.