DL Coach Vacancy Thread

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Re: Former NFL D-Line Coach Karl Dunbar Expected to be Named DL Coach

I've never heard of him. But after reading wikipedia, I saw this:
In 2006, Dunbar returned to the NFL, as he was hired by the Vikings' new head coach, Brad Childress. Under his tutelage, the so-called "Williams Wall", consisting of defensive tackle Kevin Williams and nose tackle Pat Williams, led the NFL in defense against the run each year between 2006 and 2008. Over the same period, the Vikings only allowed an average of 70.8 rushing yards per game."

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama

Sounds good to me. Welcome to the family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al

I liked him when he was with Minnesota. He spent 2015 in Buffalo, on the Bills staff. Those guys aren't bad either.

He has plenty of talent to work with, so I expect good things.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Harmost

All-American
Sep 19, 2005

Well... really hope we're not getting what Buffalo got last year. Body of work looks decent otherwise.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Yes but not the way he did.
Agreed. Can't get sloppy and get caught.

Well... really hope we're not getting what Buffalo got last year. Body of work looks decent otherwise.
According to this, the Bills' players were struggling to handle Rex Ryan's defense. Not really sure we can fault anyone in the particular case then.

The changes come after Buffalo's high-priced defensive line struggled in adapting to Ryan's system last year. After combining for an NFL-leading 111 sacks in 2013-14, the Bills managed just 21 last year, a team low for a 16-game season.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

He's a very good D-Line coach. I just hope he can recruit like Bo could.
Dunbar has college experience and coached with Saban at LSU. I imagine he's probably a good recruiter.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

RTR91, I think he was a sacrifice for the lack of production. I'm not sure if their talent matched the scheme tbqh. They're overhauling that though.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Tuscaloosa News reporting Dunbar will interview for the position. Link

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

RTR91, I think he was a sacrifice for the lack of production. I'm not sure if their talent matched the scheme tbqh. They're overhauling that though.
I think he was a sacrifice because Rex Ryan hired his brother Rob as Assistant Head Coach/Defense.
Pretty sad because Rob was the worst defensive coordinator I've ever seen when he was with the Saints.
They couldn't stop anybody.

Harmost

All-American
Sep 19, 2005

According to this, the Bills' players were struggling to handle Rex Ryan's defense. Not really sure we can fault anyone in the particular case then.
Very true, it's difficult to assess what went wrong there. Otherwise, I probably wouldn't have thrown sentence #2 into my previous post. ;)

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina

I think he was a sacrifice because Rex Ryan hired his brother Rob as Assistant Head Coach/Defense.
Pretty sad because Rob was the worst defensive coordinator I've ever seen when he was with the Saints.
They couldn't stop anybody.
They may have been the worst defense in the NFL I have ever seen...and that covers a lot of territory. This potential hire looks promising....

RTR251

3rd Team
Dec 4, 2011
Mobile, Al

I remember seeing some things about the Bills sack production declining and the reason seemed to be the scheme that Rex Ryan brought over.

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC

Don't know anything about him but if CNS is willing to hire him multiple times at multiple programs I ain't gonna question it. Fact is I feel good about it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.