New DL coach

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
He has LA ties which is another tool in recruiting that state. He has coached in the NFL for 10 years imploring some of the best DL men over those years including : Tommie Harris of the Bears , Both Williams at Minn, Wilkerson & Richardson with the Jets. Only Coach Saban could lose what was thought one of the best DL coaches in College and hire one of the best in football.

Last edited:

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Be curious to see what Marvin Wilson thinks of this. Pretty quick to dismiss us from consideration when it was announced Bo was leaving.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Looks like a solid addition. I think you prefer continuity but under the circumstance I doubt he could do much better. This looks like a good hire at anytime of the year, much less at a point in time in which most staffs are set.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville
I hate losing Bo. Saban is pretty good at finding good talent. I don't know that he has the same recruiting prowress as Bo. This could be a short term solution if he doesn't like to recruit.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
I hate losing Bo. Saban is pretty good at finding good talent. I don't know that he has the same recruiting prowress as Bo. This could be a short term solution if he doesn't like to recruit.
If he doesn't like to recruit, he wouldn't have gotten the job offer in the first place...:cool2:

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
We will probably continue to recruit him so it may not be over. DT is a position of need and he has a chance to come in and play early. We'll see.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.