Extremely Early 2017 NFL Mock Drafts

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
I also think that Reuben Foster and/or Eddie Jackson could be potential first round picks. We should easily have 4-5 first rounders next year. This years team is loaded (seems like we save that every year now).
Definitely think Reuben Foster will be a first if he continues his progress in 2017. Towards the end of last season, Reuben was emerging as a stud LB. He may be up there with Cam Robinson as far as having high draft value.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
I tend to think most of those players wouldn't slip out of the first round because they are more of the "new breed" type of player we've been recruiting. Jonathan Allen, Foster, Williams, Ryan Anderson etc are all good pass rushers and can play in the dime/sub package. Saw a stat this weekend that close to 70% of the time in the NFL the defense is in dime/sub package. I think that's the main reason for the Ragland Reed Robinson slip out of the first round. JMO..
Foster really hasn't rushed the QB much so he's not proven there, however, he's going to test out better at the combine so avoid the "Thumper, Downhill LB" label and be thought of as more of a sideline to sideline player which will help him. He's going to need to improve on his drops and route recognition as well - he made huge strides in this area in 15, and needs to continue that trajectory.

TheTradition

All-SEC
Nov 6, 2010
Alabaster, AL
I don't think Humphrey will leave after this year. We get him for 2 more years, IMO.
I wouldn't count on Humphrey coming back. He had a fantastic first year, probably as good as any CB under Saban. I really expect him to be lockdown this season, and he has everything the NFL covets: great size, elite speed, good ball skills. Not saying it's impossible that he returns, but I would be very surprised.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
As good of a RB Fournette may be, Henry was just as good as him, if not better, of a RB prospect as Fournette will be..If owners didn't take a chance on picking Henry in the 1st round..I just don't see Fournette going in the 1st round next year..I have nothing but respect for Fournette..I'd choose Henry over him any day of the week all week long..

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
As good of a RB Fournette may be, Henry was just as good as him, if not better, of a RB prospect as Fournette will be..If owners didn't take a chance on picking Henry in the 1st round..I just don't see Fournette going in the 1st round next year..I have nothing but respect for Fournette..I'd choose Henry over him any day of the week all week long..
I respectfully disagree. I think Fournette is a better prospect because he's more scheme multiple similar to Ezekiel Elliott. Fournette can instantly improve any offense in the NFL whereas Henry needs the right scheme to be successful. I have no idea who will have the better pro career but IMO Fournette is a better prospect and as long as he stays healthy he's a lock to be a first round pick..

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Deshaun Watson leads college football's top 32 players, according to 2017 mock drafts

Let's try something. Let's mash together all the way-too-early 2017 NFL mock drafts and see who the country's best players are judged to be, based on NFL media.

Last year's way-too-early mocks actually turned out to be pretty impressive when compared to the real thing 12 months later, other than at QB, where Cardale Jones and Christian Hackenberg struggled, Connor Cook slipped, and Carson Wentz emerged. I'd say that after reviewing last year's guesses, I now see more value in these things than I expected to.

Included below were mock drafts and/or top-32 big boards by SB Nation, Athlon Sports, Bleacher Report, Campus Insiders, CBS Sports, ESPN, Pro Football Focus, Rotoworld, Sports Illustrated, Walter Football, and Yahoo! Sports. An individual mock draft will function differently than a big board because of perceived NFL team needs, but since most used slightly different team orders, I figure compiling all 11 into one should help account for that.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
As a Browns fan, is Kizer really that good?
From a scouting perspective he has all the physical tools: size, arm strength, athleticism etc. The big question, as with all QB prospects, is his mental maturity and his ability to read defenses in the NFL. He's probably worth risking a 1st round pick on. If you're right then you have a franchise QB. If you're wrong, we'll, that's nothing new to the Browns..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.