Black Oxford student refused to tip white waitress

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
So, he uses what he complains about to get a point across that had no bearing on what he complains about and then brags about it. AND HE'S A RHODES SCHOLAR!?! Book sense is still not greater than or equal to common sense. Sad.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk
I'd be willing to bet that most sub-25 year old Rhodes Scholars in this day and age have read far fewer books than you or I have.....their "knowledge" comes from the wisdom of their Professors....

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Mr Qwabe wrote: ‘She sees the note and starts shaking. She leaves us and bursts into typical white tears.’ He said a male waiter then approached the table to ‘annoy us more with his own white tears telling us that he finds our act racist’.
It's situations like this when I have no problem with handling it like two men used too and simply punch this dudes lights out.

He added: ‘It is irrelevant whether you personally have land/wealth or you don’t. Go to your fellow white people and mobilise for them to give us the land back.
There's only been one piece of land ever "given" to a group of people and even then they had to fight for it. If you want it that bad then take it you little dbag.

Last edited:
It's times like this and situations like this when I have no problem with handling it like two men used too and simply punch this dudes lights out.

There's only been one piece of land ever "given" to a group of people and even then they had to fight for it. If you want it that bad then take it you little dbag.
All he has to do is look north as African nations are killing themselves in droves over that same "land" he is speaking of. Typical liberal way of thinking.

mikes12

All-American
Nov 10, 2005
Chattanooga, TN
I'm wondering two things:

1: Is Oxford and/or Rhodes foundation addressing this?

2: How would Oxford and/or Rhodes foundation address this if a white student made a racist note refusing to tip a black waitress due to her race?

CrimsonHammer

Scout Team
May 27, 2014
Clarksville, TN
I'm wondering two things:

1: Is Oxford and/or Rhodes foundation addressing this?

2: How would Oxford and/or Rhodes foundation address this if a white student made a racist note refusing to tip a black waitress due to her race?
I can answer the second one. I won't. But I think everybody with a brain, regardless of what surrounds that brain, can get there.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
It's situations like this when I have no problem with handling it like two men used too and simply punch this dudes lights out.

I think I'd have punched him.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014

I have found that being nice to people like this regardless of what they say messes them up more than physical retribution. Thats if it's just negative words, if they start fighting then itit's on.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
So he hates Rhodes but doesn't mind him paying for his education.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
Hence why the stereotype of black people being horrible tippers comes from...anyone who thinks that blacks sent racist clearly haven't been around many their entire lives...

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Hence why the stereotype of black people being horrible tippers comes from...anyone who thinks that blacks sent racist clearly haven't been around many their entire lives...
I've heard from black friends that wait tables that they hate serving other blacks for the very same reason. I witnessed it first hand one night at BW3 in Mobile two years ago. Two black couples came in, the dudes were all blinged out, to quote "I'm Gonna Get You Sucka" they were "OGed" - Over Golded. They were there for nearly 3 hours watching the Bama game and when they left they left a couple of bucks on the table. I saw the waiter, who was also our waiter, make a face of disappointment/frustration. I left him an extra $10 on top of the tip just because he was working them hard just like he did us.

Granted, that's just one incident and doesn't mean that "all" black people are bad tippers. But it didn't help dispel that either.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I've heard from black friends that wait tables that they hate serving other blacks for the very same reason. I witnessed it first hand one night at BW3 in Mobile two years ago. Two black couples came in, the dudes were all blinged out, to quote "I'm Gonna Get You Sucka" they were "OGed" - Over Golded. They were there for nearly 3 hours watching the Bama game and when they left they left a couple of bucks on the table. I saw the waiter, who was also our waiter, make a face of disappointment/frustration. I left him an extra $10 on top of the tip just because he was working them hard just like he did us.

Granted, that's just one incident and doesn't mean that "all" black people are bad tippers. But it didn't help dispel that either.

No it doesn't mean that "all" black people are like this. But what it does mean is this behavior is common enough in the black race that it has become a stereotype. Just like other stereotypes of other races. Stereotypes just don't create themselves out of thin air. The overwhelming majority of the time they take life because said stereotype has become a common behavior in that particular group of people.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL

Well I can remember about 2 months ago on a Sunday afternoon at a Golden Corral, my roommate and I decided to eat lunch there. Well it cost us roughly $15.76 apiece (we haven't been back on a Sunday since then) for the buffet. Us two and maybe two others (if my memory serves me correctly) were the only white customers in the entire restaurant compared to probably over 180 blacks and maybe 30 something Hispanic. Anyways there was this black couple sitting maybe 10 feet away from us and between them two left only one dollar as a tip to the waitress. We just looked at each other in disgust. Now we had been there for a slightly less time that they had but she was doing a daily good job for how busy they were that day. We ended up leaving more tip money to cover for her loss...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.