Comedian (Larry Wilmore) Drops N-Bomb on Obama

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
The White House said no big deal. Just culture expression, right?

So what does this do as we wind down from the first post-racial presidency? Does this turn back the clock? Is this a validation of a sick irresponsible rap culture that glorifies violence and denigrates women?

What does this say to millions of responsible parents who have taught their children to never use this word? Was this really an appropriate time and place for this?

tidegrandpa

All-American
The White House said no big deal. Just culture expression, right?

So what does this do as we wind down from the first post-racial presidency? Does this turn back the clock? Is this a validation of a sick irresponsible rap culture that glorifies violence and denigrates women?

What does this say to millions of responsible parents who have taught their children to never use this word? Was this really an appropriate time and place for this?
In their world only VJ. Along with the adolescents dropping F bombs to Trump supporters with their parents beside them. I'm glad I don't belong there with them.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
When we mention cultural rot and the left asks for examples, here it is.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Beats me, ValuJet. When I ask about it, I'm told I wouldn't understand because I'm white.

I've always thought if you didn't understand something, you ask questions of those who are knowledgeable and you learn until you do understand. Seems that isn't how this one works.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
It wasn't actually the N word. It ended in an "a" not an "er". You can check Mondays Nightly Show for an explanation.
So it's acceptable for anyone to use the word as long as they end it in "a" and not "er?"

Is there no disrespect or slur as long as it ends in "a?"

Not putting you on the spot Bamaro - I just find the apologists who are making up the rules as they go along inconsistent in what they are willing to accept and from whom.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
So it's acceptable for anyone to use the word as long as they end it in "a" and not "er?"

Is there no disrespect or slur as long as it ends in "a?"

Not putting you on the spot Bamaro - I just find the apologists who are making up the rules as they go along inconsistent in what they are willing to accept and from whom.
In Larry's words, "you have to properly conjugate the slur":

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/0bqrk...y-s-white-house-correspondents--dinner-speech

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I don't care if some people are allowed to use that word....and others are not. It really doesn't bother me. I don't use it. But I'm a milky-white white-guy.....so, I'm probably not even allowed to have an opinion on it.

I find my new favorite word is "moron" -- and it's free of any racial restrictions.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
There is also another element of this that pertains to generation. The kids who currently are in HS and college now say it all the time, no matter the color. It's become a part of their "slang". I've listened to white guys say it fearlessly in front of other black guys their age and not one word is said. But if an older white guy says it, even using the "a" he is more likely to be publicly reprimanded and told "you can't say that word".

Personally, it's completely confusing to me as to who can say it and who can't. Actually, anybody can say it but the consequences differ from person to person and age group to age group. To me it seems like a control thing for many within the black community.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
There is also another element of this that pertains to generation. The kids who currently are in HS and college now say it all the time, no matter the color. It's become a part of their "slang". I've listened to white guys say it fearlessly in front of other black guys their age and not one word is said. But if an older white guy says it, even using the "a" he is more likely to be publicly reprimanded and told "you can't say that word".

Personally, it's completely confusing to me as to who can say it and who can't. Actually, anybody can say it but the consequences differ from person to person and age group to age group. To me it seems like a control thing for many within the black community.
Yeah, what's the cut off age?

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Never heard of Larry Wilmore. Is he some Chris Rock wannabe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
Never heard of Larry Wilmore. Is he some Chris Rock wannabe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He's being described as a "C- List comedian." Not sure what genius approved his comments, but can guarantee his little act was critiqued and approved beforehand.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.