Tim Williams GIF vs. Michigan St.

ecraj

Scout Team
Jan 24, 2009
Florence, AL
Correct me if Im wrong, I can take it. Wasn't the end of that spin move when Williams shoved the guy down, a block in the back? It was awesome looking. Please correct me about the rules.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Correct me if Im wrong, I can take it. Wasn't the end of that spin move when Williams shoved the guy down, a block in the back? It was awesome looking. Please correct me about the rules.
It isn't called illegal block in the side...

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Wasn't the end of that spin move when Williams shoved the guy down, a block in the back?
Nope:

ARTICLE 6. A block in the back (other than against the ball carrier) is illegal (A.R. 9-3-3-I, VII and -IX; and A.R. 10-2-2-XII).
Exceptions:
1. Offensive players who are on the line of scrimmage at the snap within the blocking zone (Rule 2-3-6) may legally block in the back in the blocking zone, subject to the following restrictions:
(a) A player on the line of scrimmage within this blocking zone may not leave the zone, return and block in the back.
(b) The blocking zone disintegrates when the ball leaves the zone (Rule 2-3-6).
2. When a player turns his back to a potential blocker who has committed himself in intent and direction or movement.
3. When a player attempts to reach a runner or legally attempts to recover or catch a fumble, a backward pass, a kick or a touched forward pass, he may push an opponent in the back above the waist (Rule 9-1-5 Exception 3).
4. When the opponent turns his back to the blocker under Rule 9-3-3-a-1- (b).
5. When an eligible player behind the neutral zone pushes an opponent in the back above the waist to get to a forward pass (Rule 9-1-5 Exception 4).

bodiddle

All-SEC
May 14, 2006
If teams scheme to stop Williams, then that is just going to turn loose R. Evans, J. Allen, R. Anderson, etc.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.