"Blake Barnett is coming back home to the West coast?" (He just finished Finals)

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Re: "Blake Barnett is coming back home to the West coast?"

Just to apply some logic here, no QB in Barnett's current situation would transfer unless he was told he wasn't going to start or he got in serious trouble. He'd have to sit a year somewhere and give up a chance to start to do it. These guys are not going to think about transferring until a starter is named...

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

Just to apply some logic here, no QB in Barnett's current situation would transfer unless he was told he wasn't going to start or he got in serious trouble. He'd have to sit a year somewhere and give up a chance to start to do it. These guys are not going to think about transferring until a starter is named...
Furthermore, even though I'm sure BB would admit he fell short of his expectations during spring practice, he's also got to feel pretty good about where he sits in the pecking order as fall practice looms.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
"Blake Barnett is coming back home to the West coast?"

Maybe he saw the thread about Davis and is leaving since we will be getting the death penalty.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Furthermore, even though I'm sure BB would admit he fell short of his expectations during spring practice, he's also got to feel pretty good about where he sits in the pecking order as fall practice looms.
And he's in middle of QB competition with Bateman... Battle that wont end until first game of the season.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Students at Alabama have finals this week. There isn't much to look at. He's gone for essentially a month since summer classes begins on may 31.
I would be absolutely shocked if he is gone for a month. He may go home for a week but he will be back to do the 4th quarter program and 7-on-7's. Players do not get a month off all year long.

Tidetwin

All-American
May 15, 2006
Northeast Georgia

Folks, that is a very odd way to say that your son is coming home.

Last edited:

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa

We'll know for sure soon enough. But I don't know why a dad would tweet that the son is coming home for the summer.

If this is not an announcement that Blake Barnett is leaving the Alabama football team, it is a badly worded announcement of something else.
We agree, Tidetwin. Given the unease from some quarters, and the lack of an alternate explanation from daddy Barnett showing up (the silence is deafening), I too remain unconvinced of Blake's intentions, though it appears we may be a minority of two.

That changes with a "clarification" from either daddy or Blake. Thus far, neither has been forthcoming....at least not to my knowledge. A previous poster alluded to my ignorance of social media, and he's right...I don't even have accounts at Twitter or Facebook, let alone any of the newer stuff.

Last edited:

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

There was once a lengthy conversation here about the color of Nick Saban's tie if I recall correctly. Some things people just read too much into things. If there is more to this we'll hear it, but nothing at all based on what he actually tweeted would lead his one to the conclusion Blake was transferring, especially considering this is right around the time he would be expected to return home.

It's Occam's Razor. The simplest explanation if he's going to spend time with his family. The tinfoil conclusion is that despite the tweet saying absolutely nothing about transferring, he's going to transfer rather than compete for the starting job at Alabama. Which seems more likely?

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama

Here's a tweet from Blake himself: nothing to see here IMO

"Summer break," has begun! Headed back to home/SD for the month of May. Ready to work and spend quality time with family and friends.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Here's a tweet from Blake himself: nothing to see here IMO

"Summer break," has begun! Headed back to home/SD for the month of May. Ready to work and spend quality time with family and friends.
Well I stand corrected in my earlier post. Did not think the players got a whole month off.

Bad Pony

All-American
Nov 14, 1999
Pelham

Some of you folks rush out and buy milk and bread when snow is in the forecast, don't you?

dtgreg

All-American
Jul 24, 2000
Tuscaloosa
www.electricmonkeywrench.com

There was once a lengthy conversation here about the color of Nick Saban's tie if I recall correctly. Some things people just read too much into things. If there is more to this we'll hear it, but nothing at all based on what he actually tweeted would lead his one to the conclusion Blake was transferring, especially considering this is right around the time he would be expected to return home.

It's Occam's Razor. The simplest explanation if he's going to spend time with his family. The tinfoil conclusion is that despite the tweet saying absolutely nothing about transferring, he's going to transfer rather than compete for the starting job at Alabama. Which seems more likely?
Let's not cut our wrists with Occam's razor just yet...

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013

You gotta love any post that manages to work Occam's Razor into the discussion!

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL

We agree, Tidetwin. Given the unease from some quarters, and the lack of an alternate explanation from daddy Barnett showing up (the silence is deafening), I too remain unconvinced of Blake's intentions, though it appears we may be a minority of two.

That changes with a "clarification" from either daddy or Blake. Thus far, neither has been forthcoming....at least not to my knowledge. A previous poster alluded to my ignorance of social media, and he's right...I don't even have accounts at Twitter or Facebook, let alone any of the newer stuff.
Hahahahahaha. Deafening? hahahahaha

Do you think Barnett's dad owes you an explanation? Seriously?

"Dad, some people on the internet have been asking questions, you may want to address it." Do you seriously think that's a conversation that has to, or might ever, take place in real life?

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

That's what I am thinking as well...:cool2:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Would it be any better if he said " is coming back home to San Diego?" I mean that indicates he's transferring to SDSU, right?

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada

Some of you folks rush out and buy milk and bread when snow is in the forecast, don't you?
Given where I live, if I were to do that, my house would be overflowing w milk n bread... :eek2:

Tidetwin

All-American
May 15, 2006
Northeast Georgia

Would it be any better if he said " is coming back home to San Diego?" I mean that indicates he's transferring to SDSU, right?
No. I don't know what it indicates. I suppose it could mean any number of things. But in my opinion, 'Blake Barnett is coming home to the West Coast' is an awkward way of saying ' his mother and i can't wait to have Blake back home for a visit.' Nothing more, nothing less.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.