Link: Where is this in the Constitution ? Your tax dollars at work.....

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
There are certain radio stations and tv channels that cater to that community, so that community listens to and watches them more regularly. It's no surprise that certain efforts are being directed toward publicizing stop-smoking programs along these channels.

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
I understand marketing products to that community if you are a retail company. You may have products that designed specifically for that group and it allows your company to make a social statement.

I don't understand why we need to develop new ads to cater to the LGBT community. Smoking has the same effects on everyone regardless of sexual orientation. Can't we just use the same ads that are on every other TV and radio station that tout the dangers of smoking?

bama_wayne1

All-American
Jun 15, 2007
I don't really understand why we as a country are so worried about catering to any certain group. Equality should mean we just leave everybody alone to do their own thing. It doesn't mean we need to pay them to do it or persecute anybody else because they don't want to do it too. I also find it hard to believe that there is anyone in the US that doesn't know that smoking is bad for you.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
Hmm....do lesbians smoke more as a group than say motorcyclists who keep threatening to do a Million Biker ride to D.C.?

Why the targeted ads to a specific group?

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
I understand marketing products to that community if you are a retail company. You may have products that designed specifically for that group and it allows your company to make a social statement.

I don't understand why we need to develop new ads to cater to the LGBT community. Smoking has the same effects on everyone regardless of sexual orientation. Can't we just use the same ads that are on every other TV and radio station that tout the dangers of smoking?
In a perfect world, yes.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
I suspect it is in the same section as this

1.4 Billion, with a B to tell Africans to abstain from sex. George Bush, the gift that keeps on giving

http://www.npr.org/sections/goatsan...-stop-hiv-by-promoting-abstinence-did-it-work

In the past 12 years, the U.S. has spent more than $1.4 billion funding abstinence programs in Africa. They're part of a larger program — called the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief — aimed at stopping the spread of HIV around the world.

Many health officials consider PEPFAR a succes. It is credited with giving lifesaving HIV drugs to more than 5 million people and preventing nearly 1 million babies from getting HIV from their mothers.

But a study, published Monday in Health Affairs, finds the abstinence programs have been a failure.

TheAccountant

All-SEC
Mar 22, 2011
Birmingham
I suspect it is in the same section as this

1.4 Billion, with a B to tell Africans to abstain from sex. George Bush, the gift that keeps on giving

http://www.npr.org/sections/goatsan...-stop-hiv-by-promoting-abstinence-did-it-work
Yet the Obama Admin has continued for the last 7 years to fund and support these programs without a mandate to do so.
CorrectionMay 4, 2016
In the audio of this report, as in an earlier Web version, we incorrectly say it was President Obama who removed the requirement for PEPFAR to fund abstinence programs. In fact, that happened near the end of President George W. Bush's administration.

http://www.pepfar.gov/reports/guidance/75837.htm

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Gays might be more responsive to an ad that features a gay person. I am sure I have seen ads targeted towards blacks, don't see the difference.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.