Link: 2016 SEC Football Helmet Schedule

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
"The 2016 SEC Football Helmet Schedule is now available. The PDF schedule features the team helmets, date, and opponent for each SEC team.

The 2016 season gets underway on Thursday, Sept. 1 when the South Carolina Gamecocks travel to Nashville, Tennessee to take on the Vanderbilt Commodores.

Opening weekend features six big non-conference games — Georgia vs. North Carolina (at Atlanta, GA), Missouri at West Virginia, Alabama vs. USC (at Arlington, TX), Clemson at Auburn, LSU vs. Wisconsin (at Green Bay, WI), Ole Miss vs. Florida State (at Orlando, FL), and UCLA at Texas A&M.

Helmet schedules for the remaining FBS conferences will be posted over the next week or two."

2016 SEC Football Helmet Schedule

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
Is UMass trying to get in the SEC or something?

Seriously, three SEC games for them (Florida, Mittippi Tate, South Carolina). Gutsy, they are. Or broke.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
UMass is no longer in a conference, do they have to find 12 games on their own. They play in the Patriots' stadium, which helps get home games but probably doesn't help student attendance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Only LSU as far as I can see. But that's always as we also get the same weekend off.
Five of the eight were given open dates prior to their game with Bama. Ole Miss is playing Wofford. Arkansas is playing Alcorn State. ATM took the week off as did LSU. And *u is playing Alabama A&M. Unbelievable, but ut is scheduled to play at ATM the week prior to Bama!

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Brings back to mind the ut thingy in 2016. For only the third time in their history they are playing four SEC opponents in four consecutive weeks. I thought Roy Kramer taught his good ole boys in the Scheduling Department not to do that because the first two times were 1962 and 1963 which were GT's last two years in the conference. In both of those years, ut played *u, MSU, GT, and Bama in consecutive weeks. Lost ALL FOUR games in BOTH years! Went 4-6 in '62 and 5-5 in '63.

Edit: Disclaimer. The history does not include a few times done in November because two of the four are always Vandy and UK. Plus we are not talking about games in November in 2016.

Last edited:

TUSKtimes

1st Team
Sep 18, 2008
Right here, Right now
Only LSU as far as I can see. But that's always as we also get the same weekend off.

Guess I've never heard it discussed, but what is so difficult that the schedule makers can't give a team and their upcoming opponent the same bye? Why should any program have to deal with multiple teams getting byes against you in the same season? Obviously, they're simulating some of this with Bama/LSU, often Florida/Georgia. Why not sync it up for one and all?

TiderMan

All-SEC
Feb 5, 2005
Moody, AL.
Five of the eight were given open dates prior to their game with Bama. Ole Miss is playing Wofford. Arkansas is playing Alcorn State. ATM took the week off as did LSU. And *u is playing Alabama A&M. Unbelievable, but ut is scheduled to play at ATM the week prior to Bama!
Well to be fair with your statement, Bama has Western Ky the week before Ole Miss, Bama is also off the week before LSU, and Bama plays Chattanooga the week before Auburn. There are no disadvantages or advantages on either side.

Schedule looks to be pretty fair as Bama really only plays one team (A&M) coming off a bye week that could be used as an advantage.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Well to be fair with your statement, Bama has Western Ky the week before Ole Miss, Bama is also off the week before LSU, and Bama plays Chattanooga the week before Auburn. There are no disadvantages or advantages on either side.

Schedule looks to be pretty fair as Bama really only plays one team (A&M) coming off a bye week that could be used as an advantage.
Wasn't attempting to be fair nor unfair. Was just making a general statement to the fact that five of the eight Bama opponents were given an open date prior to their game with Bama. Over the years this has typically been six or seven of the eight. The overall total probably more than the combined total of the next 3 or 4 schools.

TUSKtimes

1st Team
Sep 18, 2008
Right here, Right now
Wasn't attempting to be fair nor unfair. Was just making a general statement to the fact that five of the eight Bama opponents were given an open date prior to their game with Bama. Over the years this has typically been six or seven of the eight. The overall total probably more than the combined total of the next 3 or 4 schools.

Made what we accomplished a minor miracle. At the conclusion of the Tenn game, Danielson said, Saban wouldn't use it as an excuse, but would admit they were a tired football team. To give an arch enemy, with plenty of talent, a bye after a brutal stretch may have been Bama's ultimate challenge of the regular season.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Made what we accomplished a minor miracle. At the conclusion of the Tenn game, Danielson said, Saban wouldn't use it as an excuse, but would admit they were a tired football team. To give an arch enemy, with plenty of talent, a bye after a brutal stretch may have been Bama's ultimate challenge of the regular season.
OTOH, ut had but one of those in 2015. MO was the only 2015 ut SEC opponent that had an open date prior to playing them. MO played BYU on that date.

FWIW, they have twice as many in 2016.
:rolleyes: UF and SC have open dates prior to ut. UF is playing North Texas and SC is playing U Mass on those dates.

Last edited:

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Have I forgotten to tell everyone I HATE ut!? I love new SEC schedules because it reminds me to hate them more. If that is possible.

Last edited:

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
When do we get another two bye week season like 2014. I think it helped with injuries and fatigue.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.