Weird idea of the day: Me-ternity

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
Not sure what to make of this, so I thought I would throw it out there like a live hand grenade. You know, to see who jumps on it.

Me-ternity

Meghann Foye, 38, was jealous of co-workers clocking out for maternity leave, and decided she needed a break of her own. Here, the author of the novel “Meternity” (Mira, out now), tells The Post’s Anna Davies why she believes every woman deserves mandated “me time.”
Maternity leave without maternity. How America.

Ball in play.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
I read about this earlier and it is ridiculous. I am sure she wrote it for the the amount of views. She got what she wanted.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
http://nypost.com/2016/05/02/pet-owners-deserve-family-leave-too/

PAW-Ternity

It just gets weirder and weirder.....

Pet Owners "Deserve" family time too....

Bringing my adopted cat, Jameson, home with me in 2014 was one of the happiest days of my life.

Having to go back to work two days later was one of the worst.

ADVERTISING

While the rest of the country is hung up on the necessity of maternity leave — or even the newly coined “meternity” — one group continues to be overlooked when it comes to paid time off from work: new pet owners.

“Paw-ternity” leave is already a reality in the UK — the US pet-insurance provider Petplan found that nearly 5 percent of new pet owners in the UK were offered time off to care for their four-legged kids. (Not surprisingly, the UK is also light-years ahead of the US when it comes to maternity leave, offering up to 39 weeks of paid leave for new mothers.)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.