Link: CFN: Alabama Crimson Tide Preview 2016

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
This is the reality we live with now:

If this was just your regular everyday superpower college football program, you’d think this might be a team in the playoff mix and with a great shot at winning the SEC West and going on to take the conference title. But Alabama is still ultra-talented, it’s still ultra-loaded, and it’s national title or bust at this point in the Saban era. Realistically, winning the SEC title this year – an epic season for anyone else – really would be a success no matter what happened in the CFP world. But if we’re not talking about the Saban Six in early January, the season will be a massive disappointment.
http://collegefootballnews.com/2016/alabama-crimson-tide-preview-2016

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005
This is the reality we live with now:

But if we’re not talking about the Saban Six in early January, the season will be a massive disappointment.
I'd say not playing for the SEC Championship would be a massive disappointment (if we don't back into the CFP like 2011).

SEC Championships are still something to be proud of, although we should still have our eye on the big prize if we get that far.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
I'd say not playing for the SEC Championship would be a massive disappointment (if we don't back into the CFP like 2011).

SEC Championships are still something to be proud of, although we should still have our eye on the big prize if we get that far.
There is no backing into the CFP. That is why we have a CFP and not BCS.

TUSKtimes

1st Team
Sep 18, 2008
Right here, Right now
I'm ok with it. I really like it better than the reality of hoping to get bowl eligible.

This thing is going to level off at some point. But no one knows when and I'm going to enjoy it to the fullest until it does.
As long as we keep hovering around the one spot in recruiting, the party should be on. All the subterfuge being spewed by these talking heads in media won't shorten it by one day. They get ratings, we get championships, fair enough.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Great to hear/read some talk of FOOTBALL and not what Blake Barnett's dad is tweeting about his son coming home for a visit!!!

Pretty good breakdown.

The schedule is what it is and if ARK, UT or LSU are greatly improved any or all of those games will be a test. But if we can manage the rest of the games on the schedule and go 2-1 against those three, we should be in post season contention for the 3rd straight year of the CFP.

Unless one of the qbs just takes over in fall camp, I think we'll "feel" our way thru the first couple of games testing out the qbs. We'll eventually settle on the one that will give us the best chance to win. IF the qb can become a real weapon rather than a weakness we have to play around a NC is once again very possible!!!

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Great to hear/read some talk of FOOTBALL and not what Blake Barnett's dad is tweeting about his son coming home for a visit!!!

Pretty good breakdown.

The schedule is what it is and if ARK, UT or LSU are greatly improved any or all of those games will be a test. But if we can manage the rest of the games on the schedule and go 2-1 against those three, we should be in post season contention for the 3rd straight year of the CFP.

Unless one of the qbs just takes over in fall camp, I think we'll "feel" our way thru the first couple of games testing out the qbs. We'll eventually settle on the one that will give us the best chance to win. IF the qb can become a real weapon rather than a weakness we have to play around a NC is once again very possible!!!
We have long winning streaks against all three, and all three games are on the road. That is going to be some tough stretch.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
I'm ok with it. I really like it better than the reality of hoping to get bowl eligible.

This thing is going to level off at some point. But no one knows when and I'm going to enjoy it to the fullest until it does.
I agree!
I am enjoying this ride to the fullest also!
I am so proud of what Coach Saban...and the players...have done these last 8 years!

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Not to turn this into a qb thread, but the article pretty much says that most of the season hinges on finding our qb.

Whoever it is, we'll need the passing game to work in order to use those talented receivers and to open up the running game.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Not to turn this into a qb thread, but the article pretty much says that most of the season hinges on finding our qb.

Whoever it is, we'll need the passing game to work in order to use those talented receivers and to open up the running game.
I don't think you lose a center like Ryan Kelly and get better, but the line as a whole might be more solid this year. The right side has a lot of room for improvement. If the run blocking is there, Harris and Scarborough might be the 1-2 punch we like to shoulder the load...

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I don't think you lose a center like Ryan Kelly and get better, but the line as a whole might be more solid this year. The right side has a lot of room for improvement. If the run blocking is there, Harris and Scarborough might be the 1-2 punch we like to shoulder the load...
So you're saying you run to set up the pass???

Isaiah 63:1

All-American
Dec 8, 2005
Probably at 35k or in an airport somewhere
Will never happen!
The odds against its happening in any one year are long, but as with any iterative probability, the odds of its happening at some point in the life (however long that might be) of the current four-team CFP system increase. If in any year a one-loss SEC non-champion has a 1 in 100 chance of "backing in," over the course of 10 seasons the odds in favor of its happening are 9.6%: long odds, to be sure, but better than those initially given to Donald Trump or Leicester City...

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
The odds against its happening in any one year are long, but as with any iterative probability, the odds of its happening at some point in the life (however long that might be) of the current four-team CFP system increase. If in any year a one-loss SEC non-champion has a 1 in 100 chance of "backing in," over the course of 10 seasons the odds in favor of its happening are 9.6%: long odds, to be sure, but better than those initially given to Donald Trump or Leicester City...
"the life (however long that might be) of the current four-team CFP system" ends when a non-conference champion backs into the playoff. Just as the BCS died. IIRC, the BCS got three strikes before they were out. The CFP will get but one. They are not going to swing and miss unless they want to die.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.