Politics: VP Pick em Thread

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Not for Trump it wouldn't.

Trump needs a respected Senator with DC connections and some foreign policy experience if he's going to play 'let's fill in the gaps.' Kasich will win him Ohio and brings strength to the budget issues but.......(ftr - since the end of the Cold War, foreign policy doesn't even show up on the radar sans 2004)

Bill.....the problem I see with going with a Senator is that it conflicts with his campaign platform of being an outsider.

A governor OTOH still maintains Trump's outsider appeal......but will bring with him/her the experience of running a government......without the baggage someone from Washington will most certainly have.

Now if you are of the opinion he needs a Ying to his Yang.....then your premise would be a valid one. I think the outsider movement is his key to victory.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Bill.....the problem I see with going with a Senator is that it conflicts with his campaign platform of being an outsider.

A governor OTOH still maintains Trump's outsider appeal......but will bring with him/her the experience of running a government......without the baggage someone from Washington will most certainly have.

Now if you are of the opinion he needs a Ying to his Yang.....then your premise would be a valid one. I think the outsider movement is his key to victory.
Kasich was a Washington insider for many years as a US Rep from Ohio, much less a leader within the GOP Congressional Caucus as the Chairman of the House Budget Committee. Kasich is definitely no outsider and has never held a "real" job a day in his life from what I gleaned. He's no better than Bernie Sanders in that regard.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Kasich was a Washington insider for many years as a US Rep from Ohio, much less a leader within the GOP Congressional Caucus as the Chairman of the House Budget Committee. Kasich is definitely no outsider and has never held a "real" job a day in his life from what I gleaned. He's no better than Bernie Sanders in that regard.

Yeah...when I said Governor....Kasich was not who I had in mind....nor Christie......it has to be someone with no baggage.....

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Yeah...when I said Governor....Kasich was not who I had in mind....nor Christie......it has to be someone with no baggage.....
I still like New Mexico's governor. She's Hispanic, spunky and conservative. Many more positives than negatives. Plus, I don't think she slept with Glen Rice. ;)

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
I still like New Mexico's governor. She's Hispanic, spunky and conservative. Many more positives than negatives. Plus, I don't think she slept with Glen Rice. ;)
Susana Martinez?

Not so sure about her.....

New Mexico’s governor, Susana Martinez, chairwoman of the Republican Governors Association, did not mince words: She told the crowd of about 60 wealthy GOP backers that, as a Latina, she was offended by Trump’s language about immigrants. Noting her years working as a prosecutor on the Mexican border and now as a border-state governor, Martinez said Trump’s plan to build a wall and force Mexico to pay for it was unrealistic and irresponsible, according to multiple people in attendance.

The comments were a remarkably strong rebuke of the GOP front-runner by Martinez, who has been publicly circumspect about his candidacy since the GOP contest began. She spoke out after the other female governor in the room, South Carolina’s Nikki Haley, also criticized Trump, expressing concern that his rhetoric would taint the Republican brand. Haley said it was imperative that the GOP be inclusive to people from all backgrounds, according to attendees.
But....when you are asked if you want to be VP of the US.....that has a way of changing the way you think....

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.