Politics: VP Pick em Thread

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Who didn't see this obvious political move coming?

It tells me that even she's not totally convinced that she will beat Trump. That being said, she did pick someone with paper qualifications better than hers, a positive for sure.

But she may as well have announced this choice back on New Years. I realize she couldn't for many reasons but he's still the obvious political choice.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Another carpetbagger "moving on up."
The Old Dominion, formerly "mother of states and statesmen," now, "stepping stone to bigger things," or "plaything for ambitious ausländer." It's pathetic what this state has become.

Mark Warner (the other carpetbagger Democrat senator) would have been a better choice. As a carpetbagger senator, he doesn't suck. I will be thankful to H for taking Kaine off our hands. We can easily do without his services.

Last edited:

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
The Old Dominion, formerly "mother of states and statesmen," now, "stepping stone to bigger things," or "plaything for ambitious ausländer." It's pathetic what this state has become.

Mark Warner (the other carpetbagger Democrat senator) would have been a better choice. As a carpetbagger senator, he doesn't suck. I will be thankful to H for taking Kaine off our hands. We can easily do without his services.

Ha......I was hoping you would provide insight, TW.

And as usual...you did not disappoint!

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
Who didn't see this obvious political move coming?

It tells me that even she's not totally convinced that she will beat Trump. That being said, she did pick someone with paper qualifications better than hers, a positive for sure.

But she may as well have announced this choice back on New Years. I realize she couldn't for many reasons but he's still the obvious political choice.
Bill: "So that's who she was with New Year's Eve!"

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

So who is your governor going to appoint to his seat? I think Virginia having a D governor helped Kaine's chances getting the nod.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
So who is your governor going to appoint to his seat? I think Virginia having a D governor helped Kaine's chances getting the nod.
Not sure. I would offer two conjectures, however. The Tim Kaine replacement in the US Senate will be (1) a Democrat and (2) a carpetbagger. (We have a seemingly endless supply).
Northern Virginia Reps. Gerald E. Connolly (born in Boston) and Don Beyer (born in Italy) are two options. Virginia Attorney General Mark Herring (born in Tennessee), who refused to represent his client when the general government was declaring the Virginia Constitution unconstitutional. The nepotistic favorite is Tim Kaine's wife, Ann Holton (who, stunningly, was actually born in Virginia), who is now Virginia's secretary of education. Rep. Robert C. Scott (born in DC) is another candidate. Scott carried the water for Bill Clinton during his impeachment proceedings, being "as duteous to the vices of [his patron] as badness would desire." So, other than the nepotistic choice, they are all Democrat carpetbaggers.

Washington attracts scum the way a pile of poo attracts flies. Since they installed cesspool just across the river from us, we have to deal with the flies.
Mark Warner (the least offensive of the bunch), Tim Kaine and Terry McAuliffe knew nothing more about Virginia before deciding to run than what they could read on the Wikipedia page. They just wanted to pad their resumes in case they went after some federal office. Given the infestation we have in Alexandria, Fairfax, Prince William and Loudoun (more foreigners who know nothing about Virginia and look at it as a mere administrative entity), they keep getting elected.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Exactly, neither Trump or Clinton were going to pick a senator from a state with an opposite party Governor because of the closeness of the Senate.
One of the things that struck me from the Roll Call article was that McAuliffe can name a temp replacement (who will be replaced with a permanent replacement after a special election in 2017) and McAuliffe himself could run for that job. That seems to be the path for our carpetbagger politicians. If McAuliffe nominates a "head scratcher/what was he thinking?" kind of replacement, I would think that indicates McAuliffe will run for the job himself in 2017.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I hate giving Hillary credit, but she actually did good with her pick. Had she got this moron then she would have lost.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdtbMU4dW3U
Hillary gets no credit from me on this one. She picked a guy she hopes will put Virginia in her electoral column. There was no way she was going to pick Warren unless it was forced on her by the Convention or polling.

What Democrat needs help carrying Massachusetts?

Plus, Warren has said enough ABOUT Hillary to have caused her some serious problems when Trump began referring to them as "The Twins of Deception" or something and ran commercials of Warren blasting Hillary.

(Guess which commercial I'm waiting for? When Trump runs the clip of Hillary saying she "agrees with Ted Cruz" about the conscience thing and then inserts a clip of Cruz attacking Hillary - isn't that typical Trump?).

She went with the safe vanilla choice (other than political junkies, who outside of VA has ever even heard of Kaine?) and got the guy who gave the first ever all-Spanish commentary on the Senate floor, no doubt lining up millions of Hispanics by this insulting line of reasoning (again - this is about as ridiculous as Trump's taco salad selfie). He's a left-leaning liberal....he's just not liberal enough for the quacks who believe Trump is an easy mark.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
FWIW.....a member's comment from another forum that I frequent......

Kaine spoke at my son's commencement at VMI.

I have never listened to a more tone-deaf, charisma-free 30 minutes of delusory political drivel in my life. The whole auditorium was stunned: It was all about him, not a inspirational utterance concerning the assembled Cadets.

He matches the top of the Progressive ticket perfectly.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.