Politics: VP Pick em Thread

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
We're assuming Trump/Clinton here for all the bananas.

Tell us who you think they'll pick, who you wish they'd pick, or both, or whatever.

I think Trump picks Kasich for Ohio, and maybe to give a little saner image. Hillary is a mystery to me. I would like to see her pick Jim Webb, though.

Open forum. Rant, rave, and shout.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Trump will either pick Kasich -- or Doughboy
Hillary will pick Elizabeth Warren.....someone has to further the cause in 4 years...

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
We're assuming Trump/Clinton here for all the bananas.

Tell us who you think they'll pick, who you wish they'd pick, or both, or whatever.

I think Trump picks Kasich for Ohio, and maybe to give a little saner image. Hillary is a mystery to me. I would like to see her pick Jim Webb, though.

Open forum. Rant, rave, and shout.
I'm not. Hillary isn't there yet, and is losing states one after another to Sanders. Even though the media wants everyone to believe she'll get the delegates, the delegates themselves have to vote (in the first round) for the candidate who wins the popular vote. Unless things get turned around in a hurry for Hillary, this may go to a Trump vs. Sanders contest in November.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Trump will either pick Kasich -- or Doughboy
Hillary will pick Elizabeth Warren.....someone has to further the cause in 4 years...
I don't see Warren going to Hillary's side too much animosity from Warren and no way in hell Hillary would allow another Woman to upstage her. Especially one that is so much smarter. She'll find a milktoast nonthreatening white guy like Obama did. Maybe O'Malley

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
Trump's GOT to pick somebody who can help him win a large swing state. Probably Kasich. I don't think Rubio helps him get Florida.

Not sure who Hillary picks. I read somewhere that Tim Kaine has the lowest odds in Vegas.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
I don't see Warren going to Hillary's side too much animosity from Warren and no way in hell Hillary would allow another Woman to upstage her. Especially one that is so much smarter. She'll find a milktoast nonthreatening white guy like Obama did. Maybe O'Malley
Agreed, and she will give him absolutely no authority to do anything. She's already said she's going to bring Bill back out of retirement and put him to work for her. That tells me right away that she's not capable of actually being POTUS on her own. That sets a very bad precedent.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
I'm not. Hillary isn't there yet, and is losing states one after another to Sanders. Even though the media wants everyone to believe she'll get the delegates, the delegates themselves have to vote (in the first round) for the candidate who wins the popular vote. Unless things get turned around in a hurry for Hillary, this may go to a Trump vs. Sanders contest in November.
Nah. Bernie is done. It's time for Bernie fans (and I count myself among them) to accept reality. Here's what he would have to do to pull it off:

And that ain't happening.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Clinton/Kaine
Trump/Christie I really dont think Kasich would take it if asked although that would be my choice.
If it is Christie and something happens to Trump they would have to dust off the Taft bathtub. :eek:

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
Nah. Bernie is done. It's time for Bernie fans (and I count myself among them) to accept reality. Here's what he would have to do to pull it off:

And that ain't happening.
If it were not for the California and Oregon numbers I could actually see it happening. Even Oregon in and of itself could be a possibility with continuing momentum.

I suppose I am going to end up walking in the voting booth with nose clips and voting for Trump. No way I want Hillary or Bill anywhere near the White House again. I have voted against someone more than for someone several times, but never more than this.

As for the VPs
I just do not see Kasich signing on with the Donald. He has a fairly good political reputation. Too good to get mired in with a Trump administration. However, as with just about everything Trump I have no idea where or what he will do, but to put my guess in the pot I will go with:

Trump: Chris Christie
Clinton: Tim Kaine

Edit: Sigh, just saw Bamaro beat me to my choices. We are most likely wrong anyway.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.