Link: Texas A&M assistant coach causes de-commitments on twitter.

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

G-VilleTider

Suspended
Aug 17, 2006
Looks like he made the right decision to keep forging straight ahead after that first land mine instead of reversing course.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
TAMU is already reeling from losing two 5 star QBs from the roster after both transferred, now they lose an incoming QB (not due to the coach's tweet) but lose a WR commit and probably a bunch of prospects due to his tweet(s). As the head coach, and my job depending on getting these types of athletes into the program to sustain it, and his stupidity is driving them away, I believe I would quickly part ways with him.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
The tweets from the aTm coach were regarding loyalty. The problem with that is the aTm coach would bolt if he was offered a head coaching gig. Tweeting/preaching about loyalty as a college football coach is about the dumbest thing one can do. Position coach/coordinators are a revolving door at all programs..

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
A&M is going to have to blow that thing up and start over. It's amazing how everything looked when the 2013 season began. Texas A&M had completed its first SEC campaign with an 11-2 record and a blowout Cotton Bowl win over Oklahoma (not to mention taking down the eventual national champions in Tuscaloosa). Johnny Manziel won the Heisman and was returning. Everything seemed to be set up for the most successful season in A&M's history. Sumlin appeared to be the next great HC. Oh, and Texas was looking like garbage, left behind in the Big 12.

But then Alabama outlasted them on a hot September afternoon in College Station. They would eventually underachieve to a 9-4 finish. They haven't sniffed those 2012 heights since. Manziel has imploded in the NFL. Players transferring out of the program. And now this.

This is Kevin Sumlin's last season at Texas A&M, I have no doubt.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
The tweets from the aTm coach were regarding loyalty. The problem with that is the aTm coach would bolt if he was offered a head coaching gig. Tweeting/preaching about loyalty as a college football coach is about the dumbest thing one can do. Position coach/coordinators are a revolving door at all programs..
Also, they attempt to get players committed to other schools to switch to their school all the time. It was a horribly moronic thing for him to have done.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Man! When I find myself in a hole, the first thing I try to do is stop digging.

There is just no substitute or preventative for stupid. It trumps rules, policies, training...everything.

I kind of feel bad for Sumlin. He seems like a good guy who's just in over his head.

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012
A&M fans are relentless today. Calling Tate's sister a whore and shaming the recruits. I'm glad Bama fans don't react this way to a decommitment.

RollTideMang

All-American
Oct 16, 2009
St. Louis, MO
A&M fans are relentless today. Calling Tate's sister a whore and shaming the recruits. I'm glad Bama fans don't react this way to a decommitment.
How do you know they don't? There are some crazy people out there and some of them are fans of Alabama. Just look at all the death threats that Cade Foster got back in 2011 after LSU. It wouldn't shock me to find out there are some fans who would call recruits and their families names.

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012
How do you know they don't? There are some crazy people out there and some of them are fans of Alabama. Just look at all the death threats that Cade Foster got back in 2011 after LSU. It wouldn't shock me to find out there are some fans who would call recruits and their families names.
I'm talking over a decommitment. I know we have crazy fans too lol

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Tate was rumored to be backing out of his commitment for awhile. It's his second time to do so since he committed to Steve Sarkisian at Washington as an eighth grader.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.