GA News: OnlineAthens - Kirby Smart and Mike Bobo staffs team up at Ga. Southern satellite cam

TideFans Reporter

Click for Real-Time Bama News
Sep 21, 2006
From OnlineAthens.com
May 5th, 2016 11:57 AM

Now that Georgia’s Kirby Smart and other college football coaches have decided to join in a growing satellite camp circuit, determining where go is just part of what they’re grappling with since the NCAA’s decision last week to again allow coaches to go off campus to work with prospects.
There’s also which assistant coaches will go to this one and which support staff members may go to another one.
“Where is it a priority to send them?” Smart said. “We’ve only got so many guys that can go out. So where do we send them? I can’t answer that because I don’t know where all the events are.”
There certainly seem to be a bunch.
Arkansas coach Bret Bielema said that his staff has been made aware of 84 camps that “popped up."
“They haven’t even stopped making them,” Smart said.
One of at least six that Georgia seems to have decided to have some representation is one being run by Georgia Southern that will also include Colorado State staff, according to tweets from Georgia Southern staff members. That camp is at Buford High School on June 16.
New Georgia Southern coach Tyson Summers was a graduate assistant at Georgia in 2005 when Smart was the Bulldogs’ running backs coach.
Summers was on staff with former Georgia offensive line coach Will Friend at UAB and joined former Bulldogs offensive coordinator Mike Bobo and Friend at Colorado State last season when Summers was defensive coordinator. He also was a UCF assistant when Georgia strength coaches Scott Sinclair and Ed Ellis were on that program’s strength staff.
Bobo and Smart are former Georgia teammates and good friends.
Smart said he has a “14-day window” to do camps.
“We could work every day somewhere else and never have them at our place, which wouldn’t be very smart obviously,” he said. “So we’ve got to stay home and go away both but I do want to be at some of them in Atlanta. I do want to go see young kids that are being developed and I want to help the game of football, too, to bring the game to some of them who can’t come to us.”
Alabama coach Nick Saban says while Alabama will have some satellite camp presence, he will focus on prospects attending camps on campus. LSU’s Les Miles says his priority is to serve players in his state.
Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze said his staff is looking at attending camps in Atlanta, Dallas and Houston.
“Let’s call it what it is,” Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin said. “These camps are not instructional. They’re evaluation. Period. There’s a whole another box that’s been opened.”
Bielema is mapping out what he called a “Hog Wild Tour 2016,” that could venture outside the United States.
“We’re looking for a few global opportunities as well,” he said.

...READ MORE HERE...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.