Link: 2016 Outlook

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
I saw this one as well ... its realistic worst case scenario can be losing as many as 3 games, best case scenario of course would be to be undefeated but we will most likely lose a game with this schedule and the intangibles we are facing with a new QB and rebuilding the O line. All I will say the sky is the limit for the 2016 team, if they have good leadershistay focused, stay hungry AND PLAY AS A TEAM ... they should be in a good position to compete in the CFP at the end of the season.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I met a friend for dinner last night who flew out to Texas yesterday. On the flight out here he said he sat beside one of Mike Dubose's former offensive linemen (can't recall the name). Anyway, my friend said they talked some Alabama football and that the former player predicted 2016 to be a "slight" rebuilding/reloading year and that 2017 might be another championship run.

I can see how someone might see it that way. If we lost 2 games and missed the SECCG or CFP you could argue it was a rebuilding year.

However, at this stage of the proceedings in CNS's career, it's almost impossible (even for someone who doesn't bleed Crimson) to count Bama out of the NC picture.

BTW, my friend also said the former player predicted that CNS will retire after his next NC. TIFWIW.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I think that Alabama has more talent than any other team, and the best head coach in the country. Those two things mean that you have a chance to win every game. But luck plays a role, as do intangibles like attitude, maturity and complacency. If I had to bet on Alabama's record next year, I would give you 2 losses just because it is hard to believe that this run can just continue forever, but I like your chances more than any other team in the SEC.

JMO, but if Alabama doesn't win the SEC this year, it could mean that the SEC produces a 2 loss champion. We might get a chance to see how the committee treats a 2 loss SEC champion.

Last edited:

TUSKtimes

1st Team
Sep 18, 2008
Right here, Right now
Not sure I was always the biggest fan of what Alabama was selling with the pass-oriented approach in "14," but it was exciting. Unfortunately, we gave up too much on the back end, too many times.

But if any of our new QB's turn out to be the next really big thing, I could see that type of "14" offense returning. That would be exciting. And the added bonus, we can cover.

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
I think that Alabama has more talent than any other team, and the best head coach in the country. Those two things mean that you have a chance to win every game. But luck plays a role, as do intangibles like attitude, maturity and complacency. If I had to bet on Alabama's record next year, I would give you 2 losses just because it is hard to believe that this run can just continue forever, but I like your chances more than any other team in the SEC.

JMO, but if Alabama doesn't win the SEC this year, it could mean that the SEC produces a 2 loss champion. We might get a chance to see how the committee treats a 2 loss SEC champion.

I agree and would add it's not too far fetched to think AL could be that two loss champion. That would definitely make a lot of heads explode

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I agree and would add it's not too far fetched to think AL could be that two loss champion. That would definitely make a lot of heads explode
Things would have to fall just perfectly for us to get into the CFP with two losses. Maybe the way it fell for LSU when they won the BCS with 2 losses, which was only allowed because of other teams losing at pivitol times too.

It's just hard to imigine that scenario to me. We'd probably have to lose two early...maybe OM again and Arkansas only to rebound and finish super strong with other high ranked teams losing to help us.

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
Things would have to fall just perfectly for us to get into the CFP with two losses. Maybe the way it fell for LSU when they won the BCS with 2 losses, which was only allowed because of other teams losing at pivitol times too.

It's just hard to imigine that scenario to me. We'd probably have to lose two early...maybe OM again and Arkansas only to rebound and finish super strong with other high ranked teams losing to help us.
Not that hard to envision. Lose to USC and UT. We play UT in Atlanta and get the revenge victory. Not saying we would get in , but that would still be a very good resume.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Not that hard to envision. Lose to USC and UT. We play UT in Atlanta and get the revenge victory. Not saying we would get in , but that would still be a very good resume.
Could see that...with only 1 of the 2 being an SEC loss.

Still would need help from a lot of other teams though.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Eh, if we lose to USCw in the opener it may be a long season. New coach, new qb and mostly depleted roster. We really shouldn't lose that game. There's a reason Alabama opened up as a 16 point favorite in that game. I could see us losing to a number of SEC teams but I would be pretty disappointed if we drop the opener against this USCw team..

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Eh, if we lose to USCw in the opener it may be a long season. New coach, new qb and mostly depleted roster. We really shouldn't lose that game. There's a reason Alabama opened up as a 16 point favorite in that game. I could see us losing to a number of SEC teams but I would be pretty disappointed if we drop the opener against this USCw team..
I agree, but, considering the possibility of us having 2 losses but still getting into the CFP, I think LA4Bama is probably correct that it would likely have to involve an early, out of conference loss, so USC is about the only one that fits.

I don't think we'll lose that game either, but if we struggle, let's say at qb, and give up 14 points off of turnovers, it is possible.

TheTradition

All-SEC
Nov 6, 2010
Alabaster, AL
Personel wise, this is the best I've felt about a team in a while. Absolutely loaded at receiver, o-line looks to be at least as good as last year, and the defense looks ridiculous. The only question marks for me are QB and RB, and I'm not even that concerned.

This team has a chance to be as good as it wants to be. It has the talent. If they can get the intangibles figured out, the sky is the limit.

And as far as 2016 vs. 2017, I really think we're set up much better this year. While we probably return almost everyone on offense next year, we're looking at a mass exodus on defense. Allen, Williams, Tomlinson, Foster, Anderson, Humphrey (maybe), Jackson all gone next year.

Last edited:

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
And as far as 2016 vs. 2017, I really think we're set up much better this year. While we probably return almost everyone on offense next year, we're looking at a mass exodus on defense. Allen, Williams, Tomlinson, Foster, Anderson, Humphrey (maybe), Jackson all gone next year
I would think We would lose plenty on offense. Robert Foster, Ardarius Stewart, Cam Robinson, OJ Howard, Dieter, etc. So In a way, Next year could be a rebuilding year.

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
I feel like this is missing the context of the other posts. I am not making a prediction that we lose to USC, and I would be disappointed as well, but the topic had shifted to possible 2 loss teams coming out of the SEC.

Still, I'll bite. Which SEC teams that we play do you really think are more dangerous than USC? Maybe UT and LSU? I got nobody else. I'm glad we get USC early because once that team gels, they could easily be the best of the west.

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
I would think We would lose plenty on offense. Robert Foster, Ardarius Stewart, Cam Robinson, OJ Howard, Dieter, etc. So In a way, Next year could be a rebuilding year.
Yeah, I agree. This isn't the real rebuilding year. Next year though...! But, of this I shall not speak until next off-season.

TheTradition

All-SEC
Nov 6, 2010
Alabaster, AL
I was thinking just Robinson and Howard. I would lean towards Stewart and Foster coming back, but you're right, it's certainly possible.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I feel like this is missing the context of the other posts. I am not making a prediction that we lose to USC, and I would be disappointed as well, but the topic had shifted to possible 2 loss teams coming out of the SEC.

Still, I'll bite. Which SEC teams that we play do you really think are more dangerous than USC? Maybe UT and LSU? I got nobody else. I'm glad we get USC early because once that team gels, they could easily be the best of the west.
Every SEC west team except for Mississippi State and aTm and obviously UT will be a dangerous team. Ole Miss has beat us 2 years in a row. Arkansas lead the game last year in Tuscaloosa deep into the 2nd half. AU and LSU are almost always tough games. Texas A&M may be formidable by the time we play them but there overall administration/program is in a mess right now. This is just my opinion but if I were ranking the games on the schedule the likeliest to lose USCw would be near the bottom of the list..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.