Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
1. ALABAMA (Oct. 8-Nov. 5)
@ Arkansas
@ Tennesse
vs. Texas A&M
@LSU

SKINNY
a) Of the top eight entries here, only Alabama has three road games during its most daunting stretch.
b) The Crimson Tide, the presumed preseason No. 1 team come August, will likely be favored for the four games above. But make no mistake, Arkansas, Tennessee, Texas A&M and LSU each has the capacity to upend the defending national champs.
c) Alabama arguably has the most difficult full schedule of any SEC member, with road clashes against Ole Miss, Arkansas, Tennessee and LSU, home encounters with Kentucky, Texas A&M and Auburn, along with a neutral-field showdown against Southern California (Sept. 3 opener).

Ranking the SEC's 10 toughest four-game stretches for 2016

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
That is a tough stretch and overall schedule but as stated we will be favored in all of them most likely. If we play them one at a time we will be good to go.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Well, clearly this calls for dropping the FCS opponent and adding another conference game.

Seriously though, yet again if Alabama survives this schedule it will be a testament to just how great Nick Saban and the coaching staff is, and how special the players that choose to come to Alabama are. Alabama has had both the toughest BCS championship season and the toughest playoff era championship season. They have overcome things that would reduce most teams to, well.... what happened to Ole Miss and Auburn in 2014.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Well, clearly this calls for dropping the FCS opponent and adding another conference game.

Seriously though, yet again if Alabama survives this schedule it will be a testament to just how great Nick Saban and the coaching staff is, and how special the players that choose to come to Alabama are. Alabama has had both the toughest BCS championship season and the toughest playoff era championship season. They have overcome things that would reduce most teams to, well.... what happened to Ole Miss and Auburn in 2014.
Yep.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Tennessee plays Florida, Georgia, A&M, and us, four weeks in a row, with no open week.
Ouch!
Outside of November, they have done that (4 consecutive conference games in 4 consecutive weeks) only two other times in their history. In 1962 and 1963 (GT's last year in the SEC), they played *u, Mississippi State, GT, and Bama, in that order, both years. LOST ALL FOUR games BOTH years!

November is/was discounted because UK and Vandy were included in the few times they have done that at the end of the season.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
@ Arkansas
@ Tennesse
vs. Texas A&M
@LSU

SKINNY
a) Of the top eight entries here, only Alabama has three road games during its most daunting stretch.
b) The Crimson Tide, the presumed preseason No. 1 team come August, will likely be favored for the four games above. But make no mistake, Arkansas, Tennessee, Texas A&M and LSU each has the capacity to upend the defending national champs.
c) Alabama arguably has the most difficult full schedule of any SEC member, with road clashes against Ole Miss, Arkansas, Tennessee and LSU, home encounters with Kentucky, Texas A&M and Auburn, along with a neutral-field showdown against Southern California (Sept. 3 opener).

For completeness, they left off MSU at home.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA

• ALA2262
  • All-Conference
  • Rating: 2.9/5 this site
  • 1905 posts this site
Posted: 1/26/2016 8:29 AM

Re: 2016 ut football schedule

[HR][/HR]Did Roy Kramer die? For the first time since 1963, ut will play 3 SEC games in the 3 consecutive weeks prior to playing Alabama. In 1962 and 1963 (GT's last 2 years in the SEC), ut played the barn, MSU, GT, and Bama in consecutive weeks. Lost ALL 4 games BOTH years! Needless to say they didn't try that anymore. And they sure didn't have to worry about ANY schedule difficulty when Roy Kramer took over the SEC scheduling in 1992.

2016 Tennessee Volunteers Football Schedule

I wrote this on an SEC board, among others, back in January.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
@ Arkansas
@ Tennesse
vs. Texas A&M
@LSU

SKINNY

That's a tough 4 game stretch but I think the 2 games that we are most likely to lose will be @ UT and @ LSU. Playing at Arkansas will be difficult but I just don't think Arkansas has near the talent level that we do. Sure, we could lose to Arkansas (considering we almost did the last 2 years) but it's unlikely. Texas A&M is a dumpster fire right now from a football program and administrative perspective. I have no idea how that will translate to the teams performance on the field but you would think it would have a negative impact. Texas A&M defintely has talent and playmakers but I don't see them coming into Tuscaloosa and beating us. At this point the UT and LSU games would be a coin flip. JMO..

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I have to admit I'm afraid of LSU. They have lost a lot of guys in the past, they didn't really lose as many this time. They're talented.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I have to admit I'm afraid of LSU. They have lost a lot of guys in the past, they didn't really lose as many this time. They're talented.
Krazy, you feeling ok? I'm not use to your posts being so short and succinct lol

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.