Happy that Coker is with former bama OC Bruce Arians. Signed contact

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

Roll Tide 00

1st Team
Sep 13, 2007
If anyone was going to sign him i'm glad it was a team who's head coach has a Bear Bryant portrait hung directly behind his desk in his office.

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL
Coach Arians
Off topic, but can you believe Mike DuBose (formally known as Mike Dubose) basically laid the blame for the auburn loss on Bruce. How we ever hired that Mike is beyond me. I think Bruce was one of the 1st to realize what was coming.

Alabama22

1st Team
Aug 3, 2010
Alabama
Off topic, but can you believe Mike DuBose (formally known as Mike Dubose) basically laid the blame for the auburn loss on Bruce. How we ever hired that Mike is beyond me. I think Bruce was one of the 1st to realize what was coming.
Bruce Arians didn't fumble the ball. That could have happened with a QB/Center exchange or after a hand off to an RB. Arians should have never been fired, for sure.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
The thing that I think held Coker back was fear of failure.
You have hit on something, not sure how to define it, but he seems to have a large breaking point, which could be seen as complacent by shallow minded coaches that don't look deeply. Blake had the team locked up, looking back that was a hard situation for him to overcome, as a newby vs 5th year senior. The benching was just uncalled for imo, and I think the coaches know that.

The truth: Poorly scouted, Arians was smart, he got draft picks and picked up the better mid to late round quarterback imo. Jake has two siblings that are/ will be officer's in the military, sounds more like discipline and maturity more than complacency considering his improvement.

But yes, many a scout saw Jake as a stereotypical laid back, deep hunting, rather be fishing, country boy without realizing what they say. "A country boy will survive" His calm under pressure, size, durabilty, arm and likability would prevail. Jake's mind was not scouted correctly imo.

Moro Creek

All-SEC
Jan 21, 2014
Equine country
You have hit on something, not sure how to define it, but he seems to have a large breaking point, which could be seen as complacent by shallow minded coaches that don't look deeply. Blake had the team locked up, looking back that was a hard situation for him to overcome, as a newby vs 5th year senior. The benching was just uncalled for imo, and I think the coaches know that.

The truth: Poorly scouted, Arians was smart, he got draft picks and picked up the better mid to late round quarterback imo. Jake has two siblings that are/ will be officer's in the military, sounds more like discipline and maturity more than complacency considering his improvement.

But yes, many a scout saw Jake as a stereotypical laid back, deep hunting, rather be fishing, country boy without realizing what they say. "A country boy will survive" His calm under pressure, size, durabilty, arm and likability would prevail. Jake's mind was not scouted correctly imo.
Uh....wow.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.