Link: Derrick Henry Makes 'Big' First Impression on Teammates

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Running backs coach Sylvester Croom stayed on Henry about keeping his feet up in individual drills.
That is another plus. Henry 2nd round, no expectations to carry the team, good teammates, good coaching. I see Henry following the path that he did as a freshman at Bama. Much better to be a 2nd round at a good program that a top 5 at Cleveland. That's for sure. All he has to do is produce as a a 2nd rounder, and grow into the position. I am a Titans fan now.

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
Their new coach has stated that they will be a physical, run first type of football team. Whether it's 20 carries or 16 carries, it's not a point of argument. They'll both probably get equal carries was my point. I didn't google the average number of carries a two back system generates, or research statistics from last year. I could care less and have more important things to do. I just think it was a good move for the Titans, Murray, and Derrick.
I was just trying to provide a little clarity about the Titans future RB position and the way RB's are now used in the NFL. Averaging 20 carries per game for an entire season in a thing of the past.

And as far as "more important things to do," it took me like 2-3 minutes to look up those stats on ESPN, it's not like I wasted an entire afternoon.

TNElephantitis

1st Team
Nov 30, 2015
Memphis, TN
Their new coach has stated that they will be a physical, run first type of football team. Whether it's 20 carries or 16 carries, it's not a point of argument. They'll both probably get equal carries was my point. I didn't google the average number of carries a two back system generates, or research statistics from last year. I could care less and have more important things to do. I just think it was a good move for the Titans, Murray, and Derrick.
I agree that DeMarco could benefit from this just as much as Derrick, and the Titans have to love the prospect of having two quality RBs in the rotation. They haven't really been successful/relevant since they had a decent one-two punch back in the Lendale White- Chris Johnson days.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I agree that DeMarco could benefit from this just as much as Derrick, and the Titans have to love the prospect of having two quality RBs in the rotation. They haven't really been successful/relevant since they had a decent one-two punch back in the Lendale White- Chris Johnson days.
I think they're a stud wide receiver away from being a really outstanding offense. Walker is a very good tight end.

GreatMarch

All-SEC
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham, AL
I think they're a stud wide receiver away from being a really outstanding offense. Walker is a very good tight end.
But I still think they are weak at QB. I am not sure Mariotta can stay healthy and Mettenburg, is well, Mett! With the increased run game, I hope it helps Mariotta to stay healthy and be a better QB. I just think that team will need to be a power running team and in a division with Indy, Jacksonville, and Houston, they need to keep the ball as much as possible.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
But I still think they are weak at QB. I am not sure Mariotta can stay healthy and Mettenburg, is well, Mett! With the increased run game, I hope it helps Mariotta to stay healthy and be a better QB. I just think that team will need to be a power running team and in a division with Indy, Jacksonville, and Houston, they need to keep the ball as much as possible.
I think Mariotta will be perfectly fine with the right weapons around him. To me, it's pieces of a puzzle that they've done a decent job of putting together. They're building a good offensive line to protect Mariotta and to establish a run, they have the tight end for the short passing game, they've got running backs now that defenses will have to respect. When they get one wide receiver who is a legitimate and scary deep threat and make the play action pass a true option, they could be pretty darn hard to handle.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Murray is good, but he is going into his 6th season and that is about the time that production usually starts to fall off for RBs. That is probably why they went after Henry.
I'd say its more around 8-10 years on average before production drops off.....going by the production of the Top 20 RB's all-time. So Henry might be a backup for the next 3 years unless he proves to be the outright better back over Murray.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I'd say its more around 8-10 years on average before production drops off.....going by the production of the Top 20 RB's all-time. So Henry might be a backup for the next 3 years unless he proves to be the outright better back over Murray.
So, you think that Murray is an all time great RB? Because most RBs don't stay in the league 8 years, so far has their production dropped by then.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.