Charles Baldwin Dismissed for Violation of Team Rules

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Given the sonic boom that accompanied his exit, it wouldn't surprise me if Mr. Baldwin has already committed the Grand Slam: Not doing it on the field, not going to class, not listening to teammates or coaches; not working hard in the conditioning program

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Once again, I would hazard a guess that this is just another example of youth being wasted on the young. I hope the best for the young man and sincerely hope he learns a lesson and that he doesn`t have to wake up one morning 5-10 years from now and say, " Well......Damn !! "

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
Once again, I would hazard a guess that this is just another example of youth being wasted on the young. I hope the best for the young man and sincerely hope he learns a lesson and that he doesn`t have to wake up one morning 5-10 years from now and say, " Well......Damn !! "
My guess is that he thinks he is good enough that he can do what he likes and get away with it. Most likely has been doing that most of his life, that's probably why he came to Bama from Jr. College. Same mind frame as Johnny Football.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
So can CNS give the scholarship that was allocated to Baldwin to a walk on or another player that's not on scholarship? Or will the available scholarship roll over into the 2017 signing class?

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
So can CNS give the scholarship that was allocated to Baldwin to a walk on or another player that's not on scholarship? Or will the available scholarship roll over into the 2017 signing class?
We can't increase the total number given next year to make up for this one not being here, since there is a yearly maximum number of signees per year. We could give it to a walk on, or perhaps a transfer if there were any still out there since there would be room under the total number of allowed scholarships.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
I seriously doubt that this dismissal had anything to do with attitude or development on the field or in the classroom. My first thought was violation of the substance abuse policy but that would only be speculation.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
I seriously doubt that this dismissal had anything to do with attitude or development on the field or in the classroom. My first thought was violation of the substance abuse policy but that would only be speculation.
It being summer break and all it probably has to do with some of the nonsense that CNS warned them not to get into when he closed out spring practice. SMH.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
We can't increase the total number given next year to make up for this one not being here, since there is a yearly maximum number of signees per year. We could give it to a walk on, or perhaps a transfer if there were any still out there since there would be room under the total number of allowed scholarships.
Teams can back count scholarships to the previous class, though. That's how teams can replace the early NFL departures, transfers, dismissals, etc.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
CNS truly value the Bama process that he has established, and he has dismissed people who wouldn't do what they were supposed to do. I've seen players being suspended indefinitely due to poor grades, off field incidents and etc. I'm not saying it's substance abuse, but it would take little things to add up to where Saban would say " Enough is enough!" He has really cracked down on lot of things compared to the last few years... so I still feel like it has to do with class room, development and attitude all in one that will have the coaching staff wanting to kick him off the team. Why would I want to coach a kid who doesn't want to be here?

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Actually I'm hearing now from my T-town sources that what he did involved the TPD and some criminal charges. If so, Saban definitely did the right thing--we don't need an element like this on our team.

He might fit in nicely at Ole Miss or Georgia though...:wink:

Last edited:

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
Could we do a better job of evaluating character at the beginning and not recruit guys like this?
When I saw your screen-name on the home page is small font I thought it read: PCPFIX.

And I was like, "This is the guy who got Baldwin booted coming in to defend himself." :wink:
Thought your post was gonna read, "I didn't know he was a Bama player yall! I swear if Idda known - be cool, I got kids to feed!"

But now that I see the name in bigger font and have read your post, I agree.

I wish there was a way of getting more consistent evaluations.
Though with CNS, since he likes to give 2nd chances and help troubled young men in life it can open the team up to situations like this. I guess I'll just say that I trust CNS and that if he knew this young man was troubled beforehand he more than likely brought him here under a "zero-tolerance policy" in the hopes of turning his life around (and winning football games).

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Could we do a better job of evaluating character at the beginning and not recruit guys like this?
With possibly rare exceptions, I'm confident that our coaches and staff do all they reasonably can to vet and evaluate each recruit. But at the age of 18-20 yrs old most of them simply haven't lived long enough to have shown criminal tendencies to a major extent or much less have a rap sheet. Once trust and integrity are broken though, then you just have to weed them out and hope they haven't negatively influenced the team.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.