Charles Baldwin Dismissed for Violation of Team Rules

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Could we do a better job of evaluating character at the beginning and not recruit guys like this?
Coach Saban has done a masterful job of evaluating theses young men before they get a true official offer to join "The Process"..

We've literally have been at the top of the list of every big name recruit in college football the last 10yrs, a few of those we simply lost out on, but, many of them we parted ways with them cause of red flags that came in our evaluation of them & a couple of them I'm thankful we're not dealing with what their schools had to deal with or will be dealing with..

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Could we do a better job of evaluating character at the beginning and not recruit guys like this?
Since CNS arrived at University of Alabama, we've had pretty good track record of figuring out the potential for the players on and off the field. Every schools isn't perfect at evaluating players. I mean Look at Jonathan Taylor, DJ PEttway, TYler Hayes, Eddie WIlliams, Brent Calloway, Tyren Jones, Alvin Kamara and etc. They were kicked off the team, and out of all three received second chance elsewhere. They went JUCO route before signing with different teams. DJ Pettway Came back to Alabama and did well. Alvin Kamara was recently voted captain at Tennessee and Tyren Jones is rumored to sign with South Carolina late this summer, as long he does his part. That's pretty good if you look at that and Coach Saban has done great job of evaluating players and there is no need to say that we need to do better job evaluating people at the beginning. Some people mature at different rate.

I suspect Charles Baldwin will probably learn form this and end up signing somewhere at lower division school or transfer somewhere and sit out a year.

MikeD

Suspended
Feb 24, 2007

I've never seen a coaching staff do better than this one, so the answer is no.

Go go check the academic record since Saban has been there. I for one could not be prouder of how the program has been run.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
I feel like these coaches really strive to build these young guys into men. Coach Saban has a process that works but the players have to buy in. He'll be somewhat tolerant, but if a kid keeps going against the process, he won't succeed. Baldwin is his own worst enemy IMO. Maybe this will be a big wake up call to change the rest of his life for the good. I hope so.

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
Coach Saban has done a masterful job of evaluating theses young men before they get a true official offer to join "The Process"..

We've literally have been at the top of the list of every big name recruit in college football the last 10yrs, a few of those we simply lost out on, but, many of them we parted ways with them cause of red flags that came in our evaluation of them & a couple of them I'm thankful we're not dealing with what their schools had to deal with or will be dealing with..
Tideman, you may have gotten a bit carried away with this statement. Have we "literally been at the top of the list for every big name recruit for the last ten years"? Literally? Every?

Admire your enthusiasm as a fan, but . . :wink:

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
Tideman, you may have gotten a bit carried away with this statement. Have we "literally been at the top of the list for every big name recruit for the last ten years"? Literally? Every?

The word "literally" is WAY overused (and misused).

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

HAHA..I could've worded that better, but, we've been in the running of the majority of big name recruits during "The Process" & our Top rated recruiting classes were the results..We offered a lotttt of recruits at the beginning of The Saban Era at Bama & we were after the best high school players all over the United States..

I do think we've become a lot more selective in who gets a offer now & is part of the reason why a true commitable offer from Coach Saban is so coveted by those recruits that's fortunate enough to receive one..

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Doubt we could do much better evaluating players than we do. While we generally get the cream of the crop... You never know when a very stupid idea comes into their head... BTDT.
I know I did some really stupid things when I was young. If I had given the idea a couple of minutes thought I would have said No.

When a player makes a number of stupid mistakes and shows no sign of improvements, he becomes a liability. The 'Bad Apple' is then discarded.
REMOVING BALDWIN FROM THE TEAM SENDS A MESSAGE TO EVERYONE.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.